HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zracing

Just picked up an '04 xr650 w/cali plate

11 posts in this topic

looks good as new. I have been riding a two smoke forever. I want to put some good street tires on it for local hills around town. Any suggestions?? Sorry for the poor pic taken with my phn.

bike.jpg

I'm running Maxxis M6006 on my R650, for winter riding. Don't have a lot of miles on them yet but they seem to do well. The M6006 is gegerally considered a good d/s tire and the price is right.

Congrats on your new ride! A plated 650R,it doesn't get much better than that. Get her uncorked and re-jetted and your friends will start asking about the goofy grin you will always have on your face. They're that much fun. .

Ride safe.

One draw back to the 650r plated in CA. You will see alot of them up for sale. DMV is starting to pull plates. ANYTHING that was plated after the posted deadline 1/31/04 will be revoked.

One draw back to the 650r plated in CA. You will see alot of them up for sale. DMV is starting to pull plates. ANYTHING that was plated after the posted deadline 1/31/04 will be revoked.

Maybe it was plated as a "Special Construction" vehicle?

is that true? i havent heard of any getting pulled on the 650r:excuseme:

I really hope you are wrong about the plate being pulled because mine was plated in 05. Oh well.. I am gonna get some avon gripsters and ride as much as i can until they pull my plate. Then its back to the desert!! Thank you needsprayer for the tire suggestion.

If you're going to be riding "local hills around town" then why not get a supermoto wheelset built? Then you can run grippy 17 inch street tires.

That sucks about Cali revoking plates. Makes me nervous about my plate in Canada.

if thats the case and my xr650r gets the plate pulled then im moving out of state. f*** these guys, im out!