07 WR 450 scotts stabilizer installation

If you have a scotts stabilizer, did you have to modify the steering stops located on the lower tripple clamp, or did you modify anything on the frame?

Reducing the turning radius was necessary on my old XR400 to prevent breaking the stabilizer. I'm wondering if I'll have to do the same on my Yami.

It was kind of a pain in the neck on the old xr. I had to tap a screw into the stops on the tripple clamp. At the time that seemed to me like a really weak solution, so in stead I ended up extending the stops on the frame by welding on little brackets.

I'm hoping it'll be much easier on the wr.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Marty

No mods are needed. It bolts on to the top tank mount also.this bracket is way more secure than the 06 steel frame mount.

With the addition of the stabilizer, I'm finally done with all the mods/bling-blang I want to do/add to my bike.

As promised on the YZ side, here are some pics:

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

looks good, i just ordered the scotts w/ sub mount for my 250f

cant wait!

With the addition of the stabilizer, I'm finally done with all the mods/bling-blang I want to do/add to my bike.

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

Nice. I'm definitely moving my scotts from my XR to the WR.

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

Hi there,

I recently upgraded from an 04 to an 07 and do find the front end a little more nervous to my old one.

Can you tell me how much difference the damper makes to the 07 model?

Also where you got your scotts damper kit from and how much you paid would be of great help?

cheers

Matt

SXP, you have the same set up I am looking for. Where did you get the Rise adapter for the bars? The stock set up is way too low...

SXP, you have the same set up I am looking for. Where did you get the Rise adapter for the bars? The stock set up is way too low...

You guys can buy the setup directly from either Scotts or BRP. I bought mine from BRP and transferred my damper from my other bike. You want to order the submount kit. I beleieve BRP makes the submount and Scotts the steering neck clamp/pin tower and the two companies sell each others parts as a kit. The submount raises the bars 25 mm (1"). It's great for standing but is kinda of a "dog sitting up begging" posture while sitting.

The price of the kit (without the damper) is $210. You will have to reverse mount the damper arm as the damper is mounted back to front (special puller tool that Scotts sells if you don't want to risk damaging the damper)

http://www.brpit.com/pages/products/sub_mount.html

http://www.scottsperformance.com/dampacc-form.php?Type=dirt

The stock set up is way too low...

That is the main reason I will go with sub mount. My brother has it on his 450xc and I love the way it feels when riding standing up. No more pull on the shoulders and leg dont get tired either. No problem while riding sitting either.

Two crucial post mount issues:

1. Washer placement

2. Grinding off casting stubs.

Be sure to follow Scott's excellent instructions and pics when installing the post mount. I forgot to grind of the casting nubs along the front of the aluminum frame. This will prevent a proper seat and the thing becomes looser than a schoolgirl on prom night.

My second attempt was successful! I tightened it down first without the tank screw then found a washer that fit preceisely into the gap (one thin washer and the one included in the Scott kit).

Hi, guys,

New here to the Yami side. Also just upgraded from the XR400. Seems everyone is buying Scotts with the sub mount as mine is back ordered for at least a week. Gives me time to uncork while I wait for my Scotts. Glad I went blue after 20 years of red, no regrets.

I wanted to mount Cycra probends using a side mount to the pinch bolts on the top of the tripple clamp, any issues here? Will raising the bars an inch

make the gaurds slope down? Mounting to the bars may have to work, looks

like I should still have room for the gps.

Thanks for posting pics!

Jeff

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

I'm having trouble getting mine to fit!! The 2 12mm bolts that it came with will not fit through the original bar mount holes!!:) on the top tripple clamp. Do you have to drill them out?? I would prefer not to, if I ever want to put it back to stock

Did you guy's have any drama's?? or did they slip right on through to mount the sub mount ??

I'm having trouble getting mine to fit!! The 2 12mm bolts that it came with will not fit through the original bar mount holes!!:) on the top tripple clamp. Do you have to drill them out?? I would prefer not to, if I ever want to put it back to stock

Did you guy's have any drama's?? or did they slip right on through to mount the sub mount ??

Mine was a drop-in/bolt-on affair. I didn't even have to do any grinding as I didn't see any "nubs" to have to grind. If I remember correctly, the bolts were already set into the lower bar clamp mount and dropped right into the upper triple clamp holes.

This will be my next mod.

Talked with a couple guys at the Desert 100 and they said once you experience one you can imagine riding without one!

Do you have to change out the handlebars on a stock 06 WR450???

Mine was a drop-in/bolt-on affair. I didn't even have to do any grinding as I didn't see any "nubs" to have to grind. If I remember correctly, the bolts were already set into the lower bar clamp mount and dropped right into the upper triple clamp holes.

Got it sorted. Spoke to Mike at BRP. 06 have an 12mm bolt and 07's have an 11mm bolt. Yamaha changed the bloody things. Any way, I wish more people stood behind there product like Mike does. Very helpful and has got me sorted.

Top effort:thumbsup:

Got it sorted. Spoke to Mike at BRP. 06 have an 12mm bolt and 07's have an 11mm bolt. Yamaha changed the bloody things. Any way, I wish more people stood behind there product like Mike does. Very helpful and has got me sorted.

Top effort:thumbsup:

BRP is a good company! I have the submount kit on my bike and absolutely love it:thumbsup:

There is another stabilizer out there from motosportz it's a different, unique design and people are saying good things. I know the designer and he does not cut corners...

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

SXP,

I just got my BRP kit in today from a local shop. After getting it home and taking a closer look at the packaging and comparing to your pics, I noticed that your bolt-on tower SUB mount appears to have a bracket that goes down to the gas tank for additional support. The one I got does not and came in packaging that says "98-06 WR 250/450", which means it's probably the wrong part (i.e. steel frame, not aluminum). Can you (or anyone else with an '07) confirm that these are not interchangeable. I don't want to spend over 500 bucks and compromise on this to make an old part fit a newer model WR. :banghead: Thanks for the help on this. Mark

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

SXP,

I just got my BRP kit in today from a local shop. After getting it home and taking a closer look at the packaging and comparing to your pics, I noticed that your bolt-on tower SUB mount appears to have a bracket that goes down to the gas tank for additional support. The one I got does not and came in packaging that says "98-06 WR 250/450", which means it's probably the wrong part (i.e. steel frame, not aluminum). Can you (or anyone else with an '07) confirm that these are not interchangeable. I don't want to spend over 500 bucks and compromise on this to make an old part fit a newer model WR. :banghead: Thanks for the help on this. Mark

Take that thing back and demand the right kit.... you need the kit for your 07' . There is nothing interchangeable between 06' and 07' kits with the exception of the damper itself.

Tell your parts guy this why people order direct from the internet so we get it right the first time:foul:

Take that thing back and demand the right kit.... you need the kit for your 07' . There is nothing interchangeable between 06' and 07' kits with the exception of the damper itself.

Tell your parts guy this why people order direct from the internet so we get it right the first time:foul:

Thanks, Don, that's what I thought - on both issues. :banghead: I edited almost your exact words from my original post about trying to help the local guy when I should have just ordered direct from BRP. All of this hassle after it took them a week to get it - they also charged me $16 for a leak jet! (I got a 40 to replace the stock 60 to help with the off-idle bog.)

I validated my sig yet again... Thanks. Mark

Thanks, Don, that's what I thought - on both issues. :banghead: I edited almost your exact words from my original post about trying to help the local guy when I should have just ordered direct from BRP. All of this hassle after it took them a week to get it - they also charged me $16 for a leak jet! (I got a 40 to replace the stock 60 to help with the off-idle bog.)

I validated my sig yet again... Thanks. Mark

What Don said. Sorry for not replying earlier, but drove up to Phoenix for the SX on Friday and just got back.

While I was there I got my 07 plated:busted: