Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrmarty

Aluminum Frame and steering stabilizer installation

6 posts in this topic

First off, I just got the 07 WR (first year aluminum frame) and there isn't a whole lot of information on it yet. Since you guys have had the AF for a while now, I decided to check out your neck of the woods for some helpful info.

If you have a scotts stabilizer, did you have to modify the steering stops located on the lower tripple clamp, or did you modify anything on the frame?

Reducing the turning radius was necessary on my old XR400 to prevent breaking the stabilizer. I'm wondering if I'll have to do the same on my Yami.

It was kind of a pain in the neck on the old xr. I had to tap a screw into the stops on the tripple clamp. At the time that seemed to me like a really weak solution, so in stead I ended up extending the stops on the frame by welding on little brackets.

I'm hoping it'll be much easier on the wr.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Marty

First off, I just got the 07 WR (first year aluminum frame) and there isn't a whole lot of information on it yet. Since you guys have had the AF for a while now, I decided to check out your neck of the woods for some helpful info.

If you have a scotts stabilizer, did you have to modify the steering stops located on the lower tripple clamp, or did you modify anything on the frame?

Reducing the turning radius was necessary on my old XR400 to prevent breaking the stabilizer. I'm wondering if I'll have to do the same on my Yami.

It was kind of a pain in the neck on the old xr. I had to tap a screw into the stops on the tripple clamp. At the time that seemed to me like a really weak solution, so in stead I ended up extending the stops on the frame by welding on little brackets.

I'm hoping it'll be much easier on the wr.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Marty

I just installed the Scotts/BRP submount system on my 07 WR last night. It's a very clean installation with none of the issues you mentioned above. The only thing I had to do was move the clutch perch to the right about 1/2 inch as the bars are raised 1" and the clutch cable was kinda tight at full lock. I'll take pics tonight and post them.

Marty,

On my 06 YZ450 it was clean an easy installation for the Scotts stabilizer. No adjustments required.

You may want to post on the WR forum to get a more specific reply to your question.

^^^^^pictures would be great... thanks

Pics posted on the WR side.

it should all bolt right on and there is no special mods needed as long as you have a bolt on neck mount