WR250 2-Stroke

OK, I have owned my 1997 WR250 since 1999 and i will NOT sell it, or Trade it!

I Love my Bike.

The 1997 WR250 does have a stator, and this is a Stock part, just can NOT put any bigger than a 25 Watt Bulb.

A 1997 WR250 will beat any other two stroke bike out there being same size and same year, in the Bush! If you want your Bike to have even More Power, then you need to do two things, One, FMF Fatty Pipe, and Two you need V- Force Delta 2's And then it will be OMG!!! Hang On!!!

If you got any other Questions just let me know.

OH YA, The 1997 WR250ZJ was the Last Year that they made or sold the Bike in the States.

Also the Cylinder is Nickel seal, unless some one sleeved it, and if that's the case, then my bike will beat your Bike, Nickle seal stays cooler longer so you can go faster and run longer.

Oregon

So far I love my new to me, wr250z also. had the suspension rebuilt, all new bushings in the linkage and swingarm, got the carb back in working order, and spent the weekend on it, and smiled pretty much the whole time, a little more exciting then the xr I have been riding lately. The only thing she needs now is the wheel bearings replaced and it should be good to go for a long time. Its a shame yamaha doesn't make another model like this, I don't see a new bike in my future anytime soon but if they come out with a 2009 wr250z, I may have to get the credit card out.

• 11 months later...

Can someone post the transmission specs from their WR250z_ service manual? I need the primary, secondary, and 1-5 gears. Thinking of converting my 98 YZ250 into WR trim. Its either that or a new WR450F.

From what I've seen most modern 4 stroke moto bikes suck in the tight, windy, mountainous, single track terrain. Their counterparts fair much better.

Thanks.