Exhaust Pics WR450F

Hey all...

Have seen this thread in another forum, but would be keen to see pics of any aftermarket exhausts you guys have on your WR450's, of any year...

Keen to see if any are a damn sight shorter than the standard rockets that hang out the back of em...

Also, make a note if they are heaps louder, or are quiet but with a nice sound...

Cheers!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr D guys, "sounds good" - does that mean <96db for S/A version (couldn't find this answer anywhere)? Just wondering since it also fits YZF. Great-looking pipe, just want to make sure it's not too loud before I get one. Thanks!

It's not real loud with the standard S/A. I just got their Quiet insert and will see how much that helps.

That's funny, other than the fadding end cap, I didn't have those problems with my Big Gun exaust

Well if you ride the deserts of So Cal I can see that. They store airplanes in Mojave for a reason, I wonder if they still have all the old Mustangs just east of Baker? Here where I live and ride wet wet winters. Calistoga water is pumped out of the ground just down the road, we had 80 inches last year and over 40 this year. Try Cow Mt in the winter, we get Pacific Storms blasting us and this wild red dirt, those pics of the rusted pipe do happen if you fail to maintain stuff. I run the shit out of everything to operating temps just as it goes into the garage all winter. Summer-nah, 100 degrees daily! We are still getting rain up here. Twice this week!

Well if you ride the deserts of So Cal I can see that. They store airplanes in Mojave for a reason, I wonder if they still have all the old Mustangs just east of Baker? Here where I live and ride wet wet winters. Calistoga water is pumped out of the ground just down the road, we had 80 inches last year and over 40 this year. Try Cow Mt in the winter, we get Pacific Storms blasting us and this wild red dirt, those pics of the rusted pipe do happen if you fail to maintain stuff. I run the shit out of everything to operating temps just as it goes into the garage all winter. Summer-nah, 100 degrees daily! We are still getting rain up here. Twice this week!

I rode the bike for 2 years in Chicago and still never had those kind of problems. I even had one thier first pipes as well.

Another big plus i can say for the E2, the extruded aluminum can is SUPER STRONG and TOUGH.

I used to dent the shit out of my DrD system almost every time i rode. the e2 has gotten the stuffing beaten out of it, and not ONE dent! bulletproof!

I rode the bike for 2 years in Chicago and still never had those kind of problems. I even had one thier first pipes as well.

The guy whom had the rust was in Pa, I have seen other threads that knock it as well. Mine was never like his but bad enough that I take the time to warn people. I did a thread on a Tusk product that did not work recently, lots people stated they never had a problem and seemed miffed that I had a issue with it. Not all products are going to work everytime. Mine is really loud, not 96 I can assure you. Faded and the little allen heads backed out, check out how much parts are. I really wish I bought the Q.