HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddie20

XR650L 2006 or 2007 Best Buy?

5 posts in this topic

Been reading the board for awhile, it's time to buy a bike. I got into to Vintage MX, but it's time to move on from tinkering and onto riding. Looking at a 2006 with 93 miles asking $ 5,000.00 maybe can negoiate or a 2007 with 252 miles some scratches firm at $5000.00, opinions? Now in LA,CA you buy a new one for $4999.00 or OTD 6209.00, what way should I go?

get the 06. the bike hasnt changed in 10 years. get the new one if you want the warrenty

For the price difference, if I were you I'd buy new. That way you know you're the only one who has pounded on it. I just bought an '07 and it's nice having a bike someone else hasn't monkeyed with.

The two used ones sound like a better deal. You should be able to tell if some one abused them in that short of a time.

Did they make a different CA model on a 650L? If they did, try to avoid getting that unless you have to. Otherwise, a newer 650L consists of cool new graphics and a bigger price tag.