HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainKnobby

How can you make an 06 450f more snappier?

18 posts in this topic

I was wondering on my 06 450f what could I do to make it more snappy! I have a DRD full exaust on it but I want it to be more quiker on take off when your at a dead start. I also would like it to accelerate more quiker when you slow down for a turn and then wring it. Is there anything I could do to make it zip!:thumbsup: ...... I want it to be like> when you twist the throttle real fast....... if you aint holding on it will come out from under you.:worthy:

I know this isn't english class, but dude... more quicker

Two more teeth on the rear sprocket

hot cams stage 1

ap mod or zipty carb mod

a little more sag might allow the rear tire to hook up better.

lower air pressure will have the same effect.

make sure your air fuel screw is adjusted properly.

I only have an MRD system and proper jetting, and my bike wants to throw me.

I know this isn't english class, but dude... more quicker

Two more teeth on the rear sprocket

hot cams stage 1

ap mod or zipty carb mod

a little more sag might allow the rear tire to hook up better.

lower air pressure will have the same effect.

make sure your air fuel screw is adjusted properly.

I only have an MRD system and proper jetting, and my bike wants to throw me.

I have a 51 rear sprocket on and that did help some but I was wondering ranger 18 if you have done the red beard ap wiring mod?

I'd say carb mod but it does not have to be zip ty. You can get a white bro kit for about 100.00. I have one and it makes for a crisper throttle and no popping.

The Zipty did this exactly....quicker off launch as well as corner entrance/exit....nice 1.5hp increase that you can feel:thumbsup:

I have a 51 rear sprocket on and that did help some but I was wondering ranger 18 if you have done the red beard ap wiring mod?

No I haven't. I was thinking about doing the AP mod, then after hearing about the zipty mod I was thinking about doing that, but then I realized that I didn't need either mod. My bike has great throttle response, and zero bog, with just the slightest of popping on decel. Basically I think my bike is perfect, although when I get a new chain and sprocket kit I might go with the 50 tooth rather than the 49. Also, don't get me wrong, I would still like to do the zipty mod eventually, but it's more for the power(that I don't need) and just to say that I have it.

I'd say carb mod but it does not have to be zip ty. You can get a white bro kit for about 100.00. I have one and it makes for a crisper throttle and no popping.

If you have no popping at all, then you are a littel too rich, and you should turn your fuel screw in a little. This will improve the bikes performance. Any performance carb tunner will tell you that the power is made on the leaner side of pefect jetting.

If you have no popping at all, then you are a little too rich, and you should turn your fuel screw in a little. This will improve the bikes performance. Any performance carb tunner will tell you that the power is made on the leaner side of perfect jetting.

Ditto.

I have done the red beard ap mod on my kawi 450 and it works awesome. I was skeptical, but i tried it and it works. You have to go way up on your leak jet but its no big deal. I have an 80 in there now, thinking of trying a 90 just to see. I am not sure what the yami has in it stock but you will want to go up a bunch. It's free and worth a try. If you don't like it you just un wire it and buy a new diaphragm and your back.

The Zipty did this exactly....quicker off launch as well as corner entrance/exit....nice 1.5hp increase that you can feel:thumbsup:
How can i get in touch with zipty to get them to do my carb?

My bad, I shouldn't have said no popping. Reduced popping would be a better description.