clutch replacement..need a little help

Ive determined that my clutch is toast 2006 BRP(L)..not exactly whats wrong, but i cant get it to fully disengage by adjustment..and i just want to overhaul it..i just ordered a clutch holding tool from motion pro and want to get a few opinions on replacement parts..I see barnet has a kit out there..what do you guys like...I dont do any off-roading and the bike has a stock motor, piped and jetted though.

Also any tips or things to look out for before i start taking it apart and putting it together.

Thanks

Jason:ride:

Why wouldnt you take it apart since you cant run it and take a look at your clutch plates and the basket?? Thats what i would do to see where im at. I have used Barnett and like them alot no problems at all i dont think you can go wrong with one of their kits.

Why wouldnt you take it apart since you cant run it and take a look at your clutch plates and the basket?? Thats what i would do to see where im at. I have used Barnett and like them alot no problems at all i dont think you can go wrong with one of their kits.

im gonna take it apart..just wanted to know if there are any tricks since ive never done it before:bonk:

oh got the impression you were gonna wait till you got parts sorry bro Do you have your manual to see the side cover removal section? If you do are you not sure about getting that off or what? once you get to your clutch its as easy as taking the pressure plate off like 6 bolts or something then you can get your plates out.

oh got the impression you were gonna wait till you got parts sorry bro Do you have your manual to see the side cover removal section? If you do are you not sure about getting that off or what? once you get to your clutch its as easy as taking the pressure plate off like 6 bolts or something then you can get your plates out.

cool!..ive got the manual...looks pretty straight forward..its just been my experience that its beter to ask before then while everything is spread out one the garage floor:thumbsup: Thanks

The hard part is the side cover..... everything else is easy.

Why did you think you'd need a holder tool for a simple plate/spring replacement? No real need to remove the basket and hub unless the hub/Countershaft bushing is bad.