just bought 06yz450f any known problems?

does anyone know of any common problems found on the 06 yf450z? i dont really know much about them but it is an awesome bike. my last bike was a 83 it250. definately stepping it up. any help would be appreciated.

If it's new, you'll likely want to:

1. Replace the front tire with one that actually grips;

2. Raise the handlebars (risers or a taller bend) unless you are vertically challenged

3. Replace chain (immediately... unless you want to switchout sprockets after a few rides)

4. Raise the forks to the 5mm line (for improved cornering)

5. Rejet (stock jetting is very lean -- do a search. Lots of info on different set ups)

6. Grease the head, swingarm and lower linkage as the factory is pretty 'conservative' with thier application of grease (which i've never understood... it's not like they are going to save much money cutting corners there)

Beyond that, do a search on different carb mods/work guys are doing to eliminate a bog/hesitation. After re-jetting mine, I have no complaints about the throttle response.

If it's used... it depends on what the previous owner did to it.

Good luck and have fun. The '06 is a sweet ride.

does anyone know of any common problems found on the 06 yf450z? i dont really know much about them but it is an awesome bike. my last bike was a 83 it250. definately stepping it up. any help would be appreciated.

yea unfortunately they are plagued with many problems.....your wife and/or partner/girlfriend will be pissed because you are gone every weekend....?

and they all blow up after 15hrs of normal use.

" JUST KIDDIN " follow the suggestions for the handlebars and forks change the oil regularly and it will keep going and going......

the 06 will be unbelievable compared to your 83 IT250.....no comparison.

used the guy i bought it from got it in september. he put a new front tire on it and put a different sprockett. the first ride out i broke half the teeth off. i put the stock sprocket back on and i'm gonna ride it like that for a little until i go and by a new chain and sprockets.

My friend bought that model a year ago and he always complains about the ride's front tires.

Harold

Then change the front tire. Tires are supposed to be changed with different terrain. I would not call that a problem with the bike. Put a good chain on it and an aftermarket fuel screw and have fun!

If it's new, you'll likely want to:

1. Replace the front tire with one that actually grips;

2. Raise the handlebars (risers or a taller bend) unless you are vertically challenged

3. Replace chain (immediately... unless you want to switchout sprockets after a few rides)

4. Raise the forks to the 5mm line (for improved cornering)

5. Rejet (stock jetting is very lean -- do a search. Lots of info on different set ups)

6. Grease the head, swingarm and lower linkage as the factory is pretty 'conservative' with thier application of grease (which i've never understood... it's not like they are going to save much money cutting corners there)

Beyond that, do a search on different carb mods/work guys are doing to eliminate a bog/hesitation. After re-jetting mine, I have no complaints about the throttle response.

If it's used... it depends on what the previous owner did to it.

Good luck and have fun. The '06 is a sweet ride.

That is great advise.:ride: I did all but number six right away on my 06.? Dont ask me why I didnt do it, but I paid the price 2 weeks ago when I finally quit being a dumbass and went to grease my bearings. I got to buy all new Pivot Works stuff for my linkage. :worthy::ride: Luckily my steering head, swingarm and wheel bearings were OK. It sure would have been easier just to do it from the get go. ?