quick jetting ? 06 450

Wuts up, just got another 450 (i had an 05 yz that i sold last year) its 2006 and the bike pops like crazy. they told me to put the larger of the mains that comes in the bag. so the biggest one was a 165. well, the main in there now is a 165s ?? so should i put the 165 in place of the 165s? I can't see that fixing the problem.. Can you guys tell me for a stock bike what main, pilot and fuel/air screw turns out to get rid of the popping. thanks.

for cali weather the 165 will work, maybe a 168 right now. For sure go up to a 48 pilot. I still have my 170 main in, but plan on going to the 168. while your working on jetting you should put a zipty fuel screw in so you can easiely adjust your mixture based on weather.

On my 06 yz450f I have a 165 main 48 pilot with the jet needle in the #4 clip position, but I also have a DRD full race exaust on and Iam at 2500ft elevation. But since yours is stock I would fist try the main jet and then if that didnt work still keep the main in and then put in a #48 pilot and adjust the fuel screw to about 2 and 1/4 turns out.>>>>>> A trick that I used in taking the main jet out with out having to take the carb completely off is>> Just loosen the clamps on the carb then turn the carb to where the bowl is pointing toward you then take the bowl off and then get a small round mirror like a dental mirror and hold it under the carb and then you can see the jet all you have to do then is grt your screwdriver and look in the mirror and guide your screwdriver to your jet and take it out. I done it real good and didnt have any problems.

'06 YZ450 in SoCal at everywhere from below sea level to 3700 feet, year round, I run 165/45/NFLP (stock) needle in #4 with a Dr.D SS exhaust, and pump premium. I have no problems with jetting. I also don't expect the bike to be able to tolerate snapping the throttle from idle to WOT in neutral, either. I don't ride that way, so why should it?

All this worry over decel popping is blown way out of proportion, IMO. To me, a YZ450 that will not ever pop on decel is jetted too fat.

'06 YZ450 in SoCal at everywhere from below sea level to 3700 feet, year round, I run 165/45/NFLP (stock) needle in #4 with a Dr.D SS exhaust, and pump premium. I have no problems with jetting. I also don't expect the bike to be able to tolerate snapping the throttle from idle to WOT in neutral, either. I don't ride that way, so why should it?

All this worry over decel popping is blown way out of proportion, IMO. To me, a YZ450 that will not ever pop on decel is jetted too fat.

Greys right about the idle to wot, cuz the bike will bog down when this happens in neutral...... Mine does it! even the way I have it jetted 165 main (stock) jet needle in #4 pos and #48 pilot. But as far as running goes it runs real good,no poping> except when the outside temp is below 40 degrees and then it is just a little at almost top rpm limit of the gear Iam in.

ya, i left the 165 main and went down to yami and all they had was a 45 pilot so i put that in. By the time I was done, it was dark so I couldn't even brake it in today. ALSO come to find out my hot start lever wont engage at all which has nothing to do with what I did. It was already like that. How could they not have checked that?!! &%$#@!, so i can take it back in tomorrow or try to fix it myself which means a good hour or so taking hella shit off just to get to it. I might be able to get to it by taking the tank off, but i havn't looked. anyways hella pumped up to go ridein!