HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
micah600

Trail mods for 426.

4 posts in this topic

I opted for the YZ instead of the WR because my bro's WR's didn't have the snap I like, and because of the weight. So, now I have to mod for my style of riding. I'm adding a flywheel weight, and fooling with the gearing. What's the general concensus on the "Power Now" stuff? And, any suggestions on trail gearing? I've got the stock 49/14, and man, does it suck! Also- one more- jetting for 5000 to 7000 feet?

Sprockets depend on how steep and tight you are riding. I run 13/50, but all my other buddies run 13/52. Don't go any taller than 13/52, it is unneccesary.

I was thinking about a flywheel weight, but they are $200 for the YZF and I think you have to drill to mount (at least you used too). Instead I spent the extra $200 and bought the Rekluse. Excellent investment for tight trails and long days, no more armpump or stalls. :thumbsup:

Check out users' garages to find the mods that work well for them, lots of info.