clarke gas tank supports ( trick idea)

I will not take credit for this idea,I saw it on another xr but I can't remember where,so who ever came up with it:applause: :ride::thumbsup::worthy::ride: :ride: :p:lol::ride:

gas tank brackets 003.jpg

Thats pretty slick!

Sweet- like the turnbuckle approach.:thumbsup:

That is an awesome idea.:thumbsup:

evil minds think alike.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=10763

Looks cool but must weigh a LOT more than my 1/8" x 1/2" Aluminum strip brackets. Maybe a bit overkill...

Looks cool but must weigh a LOT more than my 1/8" x 1/2" Aluminum strip brackets. Maybe a bit overkill...

Actually, mine are 1/4 x 20 and pretty light. They also allow your adjust the distance between the bottom of the tank and the cyl head to allow for more air circulation - better cooling. Of course, some folks like the bracket look. :thumbsup:

Thats a good looking support, but I figured I'd use plastic strips for support cause if I dump it which happens once in awhile on the trails I want some flex . the strips I use allow some flex and will break in a hard hit.Those turnbuckles will rip out the bronze anchor nut in the tank if the tank takes a decent shot. But thats my 2 cents.

Todd

yes they are alittle heavy,but all the hype on weight is way over rated, most of us are trail riding anyway,the xr650l is not a race bike,and its alot more simple to loose the weight on the old gut then it is to shed alittle weight on a bike that is just fine the way it is. treadmarks it was your bike now that I see it again,cool idea

Duct tape and heim joints, is there anything they can't do?

Dave