HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kawabuggy

Trail Tech Vapor, or Endurance?

8 posts in this topic

I am thinking about getting a computer for my bike and was wondering which ones you guys think would be better.

I primarily use my bike for trail riding. I don't ever ride on the street.

I know the Vapor has the tachometer, and temperature, but I have "heard" that finding a suitable place to mount the temp. sender can be a problem on the XR600R's.

Any words of wisdom from the boards?

check out Electrosport.com's offerings as well. They don't have a head temp sensor but I'ld bet the supplied fluid temp sensor could be adapted if oil temp isn't your thing. I liked the larger screen size and housing with indicator lights.

I have the vapor on my XR600 and it works great. I just mounted the temp sender on the metal oil line where it goes into the thead. It seems very accurate there. I find the Vapor much easier to use than my old Endurance.

I have a Garmin 376C GPS as well and the Vapor still comes in handy.

GPS Mounts -

Check out: http://www.ram-mount.com/products/motorcycles.htm

I use a rubber band in conjuction with the custom formed GPS holders to keep it from vibrating and wearing the cases.

I have GPS and a TrailTech Vapor on my XR650R. I have an Endurance (probably purchased in 2000) on another bike and the Endurance went haywire when I got it wet washing the bike.

I have the vapor on my XR650l along with my Garman 76cs. I got the 6mm sensor from Trailtech then I drilled and taped the drainplug on the engine and put it there and it works perfect its allways in oil.