New to the forum & world of thumpers !!!

Hi everyone,

I just picked up my first thumper, 07 WR450f. I like the bike very much, I have had CR500's for the last fifteen years and this 450 is a welcome change. The electric starter is the greatest thing I have ever had on a dirt bike!!! I can't wait to go ridding again...

Hi everyone,

I just picked up my first thumper, 07 WR450f. I like the bike very much, I have had CR500's for the last fifteen years and this 450 is a welcome change. The electric starter is the greatest thing I have ever had on a dirt bike!!! I can't wait to go ridding again...

Hi mcflzwr450f,

Great choice of Thumper! There is a good article in the latest Dirt Rider about our bikes.

I encourage you to perform all of the "free mods" to improve the performance of your 450.

Have fun!

-Jay

Welcome

I'm a newb to the thumpers also

Looks like you made a good decision as to which bike to get. I have always been a yamaha guy but found myself lookin' at the Honda X's but rode a uncorked WR and WoW it's like night and day. I plan on picking mine up as soon as I get my knee surgery taken care of.

I hope you enjoy the WR 450 as much as the rest of us do.

this 450 is a welcome change. The electric starter is the greatest thing I have ever had on a dirt bike!!! I can't wait to go ridding again...

? Always start cold with the kicker, use the magic button sparingly. Better to avoid this:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451945&highlight=starter+noise

:worthy:

Do the free mods, and let it rip.......

Jesse

I think the WR is going to be the best bike I have ever had...Ridding a CR500 isn't easy, halfway through the day you are just beat-up from a 500. The 450 is just so smooth that you do not realize how fast you are going. Half way through the day I'm not tired...that is soo nice. I'm going out with my brother this week and he has a 05 CRF450x, I will update you guys on how the ride goes...

I hope you enjoy the WR 450 as much as the rest of us do.

? Always start cold with the kicker, use the magic button sparingly. Better to avoid this:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451945&highlight=starter+noise

:worthy:

Do the free mods, and let it rip.......

Jesse

Did the mods before I ever rode it (couldn't bring myself to ride it choked up), can't kick a bike that much anymore due to knee sugeries (that's why I bought a wr). If the starter goes out I will replace it.

Jesse

I have a riding buddy with a '96 KTM 450. I kick the WR over instead of using the joy button pretty frequently.

He says, "You're mocking me, aren't you?" "You bastard! Push the damn button already!"

-Jay

I have a riding buddy with a '96 KTM 450. I kick the WR over instead of using the joy button pretty frequently.

He says, "You're mocking me, aren't you?" "You bastard! Push the damn button already!"

-Jay

How is kicking starting the WR, I have yet to try...

How is kicking starting the WR, I have yet to try...

It's a piece of cake. I have yet to kick it more than 4 times to start it cold.

Hot starts are even better! I believe I have never kicked it more than twice to start it hot with the hot start lever pulled in.?

-Jay

It's a piece of cake. I have yet to kick it more than 4 times to start it cold.

Hot starts are even better! I believe I have never kicked it more than twice to start it hot with the hot start lever pulled in.?

-Jay

Nice, I will try it on my next ride. Thanks.