YZ450 springs rates

Hey guys, Im picking up a 07 YZ450 this weekend and i really need your help.

Im 265 LBS with gear. Im going to swap out the front fork springs and rear spring with stronger rate springs. Im just lost on what sizes i need. Im doing a lot of trail riding and some dune riding and small jumps. should i consult to a suspension shop or do any of you good folks have a good idea on what i need.

And when i have the forks torn down is there any other mods that i should do or should i be good with everything stock - springs.

Thanks, Chad

Try the springs first. Race Tech recommends .50 in the front, and 6.0 in the rear.

yeah im going to try them out at first and see how it is. Im going to see what i can do with the clickers and see how i like it.

Another question. When you go to buy fork springs do they come in pairs?

Yes, they do.

yeah im going to try them out at first and see how it is. Im going to see what i can do with the clickers and see how i like it.

Another question. When you go to buy fork springs do they come in pairs?

Get ready to swap springs. I wiegh 270 now and was fatter last year. I run .54's in the front and 6.4 on the rear. I run them as stiff as I can. They are perfect for fast trails and the smallish jumps (40 ft. and under) that I ride. I was worried that as I have lost wieght (30 lbs so far) they would be too stiff, and at some point they will be. But for now I am gaining enough speed to make up for it. Anyway, the stockers will be way too light for you. You can try playing with the clickers but at the end of the day you will need stiffer springs to really make it right. Enjoy the bike, its a sweet one. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, i got a good idea what i need to do now.

I beg to differ. If you buy the optional rate OEM springs from Yamaha ( and I would recommend it because the range for rate variance is MUCH tighter than aftermarket) they are one each. You would have to buy 2. Aftermarket ones come in pairs, though.

If you buy the optional rate OEM springs from Yamaha ( and I would recommend it because the range for rate variance is MUCH tighter than aftermarket) they are one each.
And each one is nearly as expensive as a pair of Eibachs. Believe me, there isn't that much difference in quality, if there's any.