HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yzf721

07 YZ450F rebound

5 posts in this topic

After 2 rides on my new 07 YZ450 I noticed odd suspension issues. The biggest issue is the rebound, it is really strong! I am 210lbs and still the back end bounces back hard and quick. I feel like I am going over the handle bars all the time.

I am 3 clicks from being all the way out and the sag is correct. Has anybody else had weird issues with the 07 YZ450 suspension?

You will definitely need a heavier rear spring. My 07 does not have any weird issues with the suspension other than bottoming out, which is user error and me being too heavy for the bike with stock springs. I am 200

Sounds more like you have too much compression damping than too little rebound. Also, try to avoid hitting bumps with trailing throttle on a four-stroke. The stronger engine braking makes them kick the tail up when the gas is off.

At your weight, you should have heavier than stock springs, it seems to me. If the springs aren't a good match for you, you'll have to crank in an excess of compression to make up for it, and that could be what's happening to you here.

Also, if you think the rebound is too fast, why do you have it 3 clicks from all the way out? Run it back it a few.

I am 3 clicks from being all the way out and the sag is correct. Has anybody else had weird issues with the 07 YZ450 suspension?

I think you are turning your rebound the wrong way. If you want to slow the rebound down (less spring effect), then turn it in, not out. Your rebound adjuster is just the exact opposite as the compression adjuster. One controls the resistance(or speed) of the shaft on the way in (compression) and the other on the way out (rebound). Try turning the rebound "in" (to the right) and I think you will be a lot happier with the results.

I agree, at your weight you should look into stiffer springs.