Discounted Sidewinder Sprocket/Chain deal in the making!! Who's Interested?

Kev,

I'm in.

WR400/WR426 Board

98 WR400

SS 50T

TS 14T

Gold Super Pro O-Ring

1 spare master link

Looking forward to seeing what kind of deal we can get.

Ditto Jam!!! Sounds good Kev. How much?? I'll just send you a PM....

KIDDING!!!!!haha

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

Sent 01/30/2002, 0345 E.S.T.

Mr. Krause,

I have been questioned several times on what type of discount may be given. Some guys are very reluctant to reply/commit for exactly this reason. I fully understand very often the size of the "bulk" dictates cost.

If you could help us out here providing some numbers, Mr. Krause, I can assure you we can get a substantially larger response.

Thank You, Sir!

V/R,

Kevin D. Lysdahl

I'll buy a set for my XR400

Gold Super-Pro Series O-Ring Chain

tool steel front 14

stainless steel rear 45

2 extra master links

4 cans of P-51 lube

WR426 Forum

Once again depending on the discount.

Ti-Series 52T Rear

Ti-Moly O-Ring Chain 116

Tool Steel 13T Front

or

Tool Steel 52T Rear

Superpro Gold O-Ring Chain

Tool Steel 13T Front

Thanks for all your effort. :)

Ride Often, Ride Safe and Have Fun :D

Kevin (depending on the size of the discount)I am interested! Probably steel combo. For ktm

I need a set (TS, SS or TI, Gold O-ring). Like every else the discount will matter (and I have a couple of friends who would be interested too).

JT

Oooh! Oooh!

Sign me up...

Let me know !!!!!!!!

Pete :)

Kevin.

My hand is up!!!!!!!!!

Kevin,

I'm interested as well. 50t Rear, 14t Counter, and Gold Pro-Series O-ring chain. Whether the sprockets are Ti or SS depends on the price. Let me know and thanks.

Do we have a date when we may hear more info on this deal? My rear sprocket was mangled beyond use last weekend and I'm itching to ride! :)

As soon as Mr. Krause responds, I will post IMMEDIATELY.

I did ask him to sign up as a TT member. Then he could reply to this posting himself.

Hand..depending on cost.

SoCal

MX Tuner

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 3350

posted January 29, 2002 03:58 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will absolutely NOT do business with Krause under any circumstances because of their attitudes towards customers. Very poor customer service should not be tolerated and won't be on my part.

--------------------

MX Tuner

mxtuner@mindspring.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 297 | From: Woodstock, GA | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged

NH Kevin

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 793

posted January 29, 2002 05:17 AM

Dude,

Please shed a little light. I have invited Mr. Krause to check out our websight. Maybe he can provide some input...???

--------------------

Guess what?? ALL ThumperTalkers put their pants on one leg at a time, unless of course, he wears a skirt!!

thumperridernhkevin@hotmail.com

Posts: 1485 | From: Northwood, NH | Registered: Nov 2000 | IP: Logged

Tony540

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 5858

posted January 29, 2002 07:21 AM

Kevin, unfortunately I won't partake of this latest special from you.Chains and sprockets I can get readily, Kouba tools I cannot

Thanks for the Kouba deal...you should attain legend status soon, if not already !

--------------------

Tony.

96 620 GS (for sale)

99 540SXC (for sale)

02 520 RFS( on it's way )

Posts: 17 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged

NH Kevin

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 793

posted January 29, 2002 03:23 PM

refreshed

--------------------

Guess what?? ALL ThumperTalkers put their pants on one leg at a time, unless of course, he wears a skirt!!

MX Tuner

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 3350

posted January 29, 2002 07:30 PM

Personally, I've never ordered from them. But I have heard way too many horror stories about people ordering one thing and getting the wrong part, trying to send it back and not getting a refund but a "credit" towards future purchases, people getting charged more than they were told for items, and to be honest, other bad happenings that I can't recall right off hand. Personally, I hate to make a judgement without knowing the facts. If I were listening to me, I'd be skeptical. But Since I've heard more bad than good about dealing with Krause, I'm not going to take the chance. I honestly hope I'm wrong and everyone gets a great deal and gets what they ordered. I just hope it isn't a publicity stunt to get a couple bucks off some overpriced-to-start-with items.

--------------------

MX Tuner

mxtuner@mindspring.com

Posts: 297 | From: Woodstock, GA | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged

fastkevin

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 1204

posted January 29, 2002 07:39 PM

Afam is almost right across the street from my house

SUCKERS HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAH

--------------------

WSMC #8

Posts: 133 | From: Hunt Bch. Ca. | Registered: Feb 2001 | IP: Logged

Tim

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 193

posted January 29, 2002 07:48 PM

I am not evil, nor do I hold usless grudges. Krause is less than 1/2 hour from my house. I have had friends who have worked for Vic. I have tried to be loyal to the hometown company, however his personal (and business) attitude towards the "pesant customer" has driven me elsewhere. Krause racing products are over priced for the quality. I even refreshed my memory by buying Krause equipemet after 10 years. The chain and sprocket set might be worth gambling on at a 70% discount off of current prices. Anything more than that would be over paying. Again, nothing personal.......Just trying to keep the thumpertalk boys from making a mistake.

Take it for what it is worth.

Tim

Posts: 159 | From: crystal lake, IL , USA | Registered: Apr 2000 | IP: Logged

joesyz426

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 4969

posted January 29, 2002 08:01 PM

I too listened to Vic's speech and came away unimpressed. I would rather buy $50 sprockets and replace them once a year than have to pay $300 or more for all the titanium hype. Hey Tim where in C.L. do you live. I am in McHenry on the west side.-- Joe

NH Kevin

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 793

posted January 30, 2002 12:44 AM

Sent 01/30/2002, 0345 E.S.T.

Mr. Krause,

I have been questioned several times on what type of discount may be given. Some guys are very reluctant to reply/commit for exactly this reason. I fully understand very often the size of the "bulk" dictates cost.

If you could help us out here providing some numbers, Mr. Krause, I can assure you we can get a substantially larger response.

Thank You, Sir!

V/R,

Kevin D. Lysdahl

--------------------

Hokie

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 3805

posted January 30, 2002 01:11 PM

This is not an endorsement!

I ordered a stainless rear sprocket/chain/front sprocket combo from them a couple of years ago for my YZ400.

The stainless rear sprocket lasted two full years of MX and HS racing. The chain and front sprocket had to be replaced twice in that same time period.

I did not have a bad experience with them, I got exactly what I ordered.

However, I was new to the sport and had not heard all the horror stories like the ones posted here. (Heard many more of them on DRN). I debated getting a set for my 426 but have put it off due to these comments.

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

--------------------

Don't touch my bikes!

Posts: 50 | From: Boulder,CO | Registered: Oct 2001 | IP: Logged

Shawn Mc

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 4283

posted January 30, 2002 01:52 PM

Id buy a Krause set up if was substantially discounted. Ive got a Krause set up on my CR500 that Ive ridden almost exclusively in Glamis (sand dunes) for 8 years now, and its still in good shape. Thing is, it was on the bike when I got. I checked the prices just last week for my thumper and almost gave myself a concussion when I fell outa the chair. No wonder they dont post pricing in thier ads. Id buy'em if I could affordem' (and im makin 6 figures)

--------------------

YZ 426

CR 500

Open class Psyco!

Posts: 109 | From: Yorba Linda, CA. | Registered: Nov 2001 | IP: Logged

MikeOK

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 423

posted January 30, 2002 02:09 PM

wow 8 years in dunes? I used up a renthal ultralight in one weekend!!

--------------------

'00 YZ426F

'00 TRX90

'97 CR80

Posts: 391 | From: NE Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2000 | IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)

:) hmmm... :D

ok... that was pleasant. I have heard bad things also about krause, over on DRN. But thought "if the discount is substantial, I'll give the overpriced stuff a try.." Maybe a 40% cut would motivate.

Lessons to Krause:

--small margin x large volume = huge profit.

--sweet spot: a lower price point which overcomes common objections, at which point sales volume will multiply.

--30% price cut = 100% volume increase in many cases

It worked for Sam Walton.

whatever :)

Kevin,

See what the man says. I have used his products on one bike with no problems. Obviously he has pissed a lot of people off. If we don't hear the right words we can always tell him to pound sand.

Mike

If I were a wagering man, my guess would be that Vic offers a ludcriously small discount if nothing at all. He certainly is in no rush to secure some kind of deal. Nothing will become of this group discount.

Hell if I manufactured sprockets I'd usurp this volume deal on him right now.

I rememeber back in my minibike days when Vic was Mr. kNow it all for Dirt Bike magazine. He certainly left an "impression" then. Perhaps he has changed? Prove me wrong Vic.

fershy

Still no word from Vic? No idea on how much of a discount?