How do you clean the airbox?

How do you clean the airbox? I have the basic grime and airfilter oil in the airbox. I bought an Acerbis airbox cover but it doesn't appear to be the correct one as it has a hole but no mounting screw or place to run the airfilter clip over. I am going to return it and get the Twin Air airbox cover. But I am still puzzled how and with what I can clean the airbox with. What do you guys do?

I clean my airbox with a rag with some varsol on it.

stuff the intake with rags and clean with petrol.

I clean mine every time I clean the air filter. I take carburetor cleaner and spray it on a rag and completely wipe down the inside of the air box. When I am done it looks brand new.

I clean mine every time I clean the air filter. I take carburetor cleaner and spray it on a rag and completely wipe down the inside of the air box. When I am done it looks brand new.

Same here but I spray WD-40 all in the box and wipe it out.

How do you clean the airbox? I have the basic grime and airfilter oil in the airbox. I bought an Acerbis airbox cover but it doesn't appear to be the correct one as it has a hole but no mounting screw or place to run the airfilter clip over. I am going to return it and get the Twin Air airbox cover. But I am still puzzled how and with what I can clean the airbox with. What do you guys do?

I bought the same Acerbis airbox cover & it appears it is for the YZ which has the screw to retain the airfilter. I fixed that by fitting a screw & nut to seal the hole & the clip goes over near the screw & holds the cover in place. The lip seal didn't work to good so I changed that also & now I get a tight seal. (Bit like an Eskimo) :thumbsup: It may be best to change it to the Twin Air. Less work.

Cheers from Oz.

The Twin Air filter cover is superior to Acerbis for washing. I use it with a high pressure washer and no water/dirt or soap gets behind it!:thumbsup:

I use Simple Green to degrease & clean the airbox along with the Twin air cover......works great!

a rag in the intake and a old filter that still has a bit of oil on it... squirt w/ simple green hose and and walla... filter is wet intake is dry.. :thumbsup:

The Twin Air filter cover is superior to Acerbis for washing. I use it with a high pressure washer and no water/dirt or soap gets behind it!:thumbsup:

Same here. I use the Twin-Air one and just use the pressure washer.

I bought the same Acerbis airbox cover & it appears it is for the YZ which has the screw to retain the airfilter. I fixed that by fitting a screw & nut to seal the hole & the clip goes over near the screw & holds the cover in place. The lip seal didn't work to good so I changed that also & now I get a tight seal. (Bit like an Eskimo) :thumbsup: It may be best to change it to the Twin Air. Less work.

Cheers from Oz.

Yeah, I confirmed with rockymountainmc.com that the Acerbis cover is for the YZ and not the WR. I am returning it and getting the Twin Air.

I've always used Simple Green... :thumbsup: