Yes Baby! New WR450

Hello,

I pick up my 07 WR450 next week!

I would like to know if a rejet is necessary by just doing the free mods, i.e. pea shooter removal, throttle stop, airbox snorkle? I live in Ohio and all my riding is around 1k ft.

Thanks

Don

Hello,

I would like to know if a rejet is necessary by just doing the free mods, i.e. pea shooter removal, throttle stop, airbox snorkle? I live in Ohio and all my riding is around 1k ft.

Thanks

Don

Oh yeah.. It's a must.

Reading all the FAQs and stuff, If I understand properly the AIS removal kit from Yamaha comes with all the appropriate jet sizes?

Hello,

Thanks

Don

Don,

I've done 'em to my 07 and short answer is (based on what I've seen):

pea shooter, throttle stop -> no, not really.

grey wire (faster (YZ) ignition) and snorkel removed (much more air) -> yes, probably. Expect an off-idle bog otherwise.

Also, I'd encourage you to read all the threads in the FAQ/07 Performance mods (if you haven't already done so)- lots of good info! There's an update / link that covers my next point.

Most important- ensure your new 07 has the correct air filter cage (with no hole in it), and visually confirm it! My dealer (OTD Cyclesports in Auburn, CA) told me that mine was "fixed with new cage", so I didn't look at it. And, much to my horror yesterday, I discovered (after 10hrs of riding in the dusty, Nevada desert) that mine has the bad one. NOT good. So, do your homework up front and stay tuned to the these threads in TT. I trust these folks infinitely more than the dealers who often times only have a cursory understanding of what they sell and work on. Lesson learned.

Hope this helps.

MG

Hello,

Thanks

Don

Just get the AIS kit from your Yamaha dealer and do everything. I also added aftermarket exhaust, the bike runs great, zero bog and awesome power! :bonk:

Chris