HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YamahaYZ426F

What tire should i get

7 posts in this topic

I have a yz426f and don;t know what tire i should get both front and rear tire i ride in the trails a lot and at a big gravel pit i was thinking about going with the Dunlope D739 tire but not sure any advice thanks.:bonk:

I ride in PA., in the Coal regions, as well as New Jersey.

Don't go with the 739, On anything other than Hardpack, it will tend to wash out on you.

Do yourself a favor, get a Pirelli Scorpion Pro for the front, and a Pirelli MT-16 for the rear. I've used the Dunlop 756, the Dunlop 739, the Maxxis IT, and the Maxxis SI. I mainly ride trails that consist of good trail dirt, Hardpack, Dirt/sand mixture, pure Sand, Rocks, and Shale/Coal. I was never really confident with the front occasionally washing out. I took the advise of the Off-road riding forum moderator, and He said for off-road, use the above mentioned Pirelli's. I figured I'd take the chance, and got them. The bike has never hooked up better, and I'm way more secure with the front end. These tires

work very well on just about everything you encounter off-road. The only thing I can't comment on is pure Mud, since I don't see Mud very often. I'm not sure if it's still going on, but Pirelli also had/has a program going on where if you buy the rear Mt-16 (or some other models), they'll give you a front tire for just shipping cost...I think I paid about $ 15, and they shipped a new front Scorpion Pro, right to my front door.

If you're absoulutely set on having a Dunlop, than get the 952 model for front and back. I haven't used them, but everyone seems to really like them. I'm sticking with the Pirelli combo, and no, I don't work for Pirelli.

hope this helps. 2004 Yz450f.

I ride in PA., in the Coal regions, as well as New Jersey.

Don't go with the 739, On anything other than Hardpack, it will tend to wash out on you.

Do yourself a favor, get a Pirelli Scorpion Pro for the front, and a Pirelli MT-16 for the rear. I've used the Dunlop 756, the Dunlop 739, the Maxxis IT, and the Maxxis SI. I mainly ride trails that consist of good trail dirt, Hardpack, Dirt/sand mixture, pure Sand, Rocks, and Shale/Coal. I was never really confident with the front occasionally washing out. I took the advise of the Off-road riding forum moderator, and He said for off-road, use the above mentioned Pirelli's. I figured I'd take the chance, and got them. The bike has never hooked up better, and I'm way more secure with the front end. These tires

work very well on just about everything you encounter off-road. The only thing I can't comment on is pure Mud, since I don't see Mud very often. I'm not sure if it's still going on, but Pirelli also had/has a program going on where if you buy the rear Mt-16 (or some other models), they'll give you a front tire for just shipping cost...I think I paid about $ 15, and they shipped a new front Scorpion Pro, right to my front door.

If you're absoulutely set on having a Dunlop, than get the 952 model for front and back. I haven't used them, but everyone seems to really like them. I'm sticking with the Pirelli combo, and no, I don't work for Pirelli.

hope this helps. 2004 Yz450f.

I have to agree.....The pirelli works suprisingly well. I am sponsored by dunlop, and miss the scorpion front at times

I bought the front and rear from a local dealer...and I had NO idea there was a rebate deal, until I read it on Thumpertalk. I think I found the link...

http://www.mx.getpirelli.com/home1.html

So now, I got a spare front sitting in my Garage, for $ 15. I think delivery to my house took about 6 weeks from the time I filed the online form. You can't go wrong with the MT-16 rear, and the Scorpion Pro up front.

I run 12 p.s.i. in both front and rear, and it hooks up great.....On rocky areas, I bump the rear up to 14, and the front to 13 or 14.

Went to the web-site, the only size front tire they are offering in the Scorpion Pro is 90/90-21. How does that tire compare to the stock 80/100-21 front? I imagine we need the 80/100 -21 size tire.