Hardline Hour Meter Installation

What's the best way to wrap the wire around the sparkplug boot? I can't seem to wrap it and get it to stay. If there's a better location to wrap it, I'd like to know that as well.

My DRD hour meter I got I just wrapped it around the plug boot two times and took a zip tie and lathched it to it and then ran the wire up the frame and through the guides to the handlebars and then ran the wire underneith the barpad cover and put a piece of velcro(the rough one) stuck it to the barpad cover and took another piece of velcro(the fuzzy one) and stuck it to the hour meter on the back. It holds real good and hardly gets any dirt on it in the worst of conditions.

Same here; ziptyed after a few loops and routed wire through frame.

What I did with mine was to wrap the wire around the cap 3-4 times, zip-ty the two ends together, then wrap electrical tape tightly around the outside, of course not covering up the leader end that goes up to the meter. It looks almost factory this way, and it should never come loose on its own. I can post a pic if you want.

What I did with mine was to wrap the wire around the cap 3-4 times, zip-ty the two ends together, then wrap electrical tape tightly around the outside, of course not covering up the leader end that goes up to the meter. It looks almost factory this way, and it should never come loose on its own. I can post a pic if you want.

Please do!

You can't see much, but I guess that's the point! If you really want me to, I'll try to get a shot of the other side of the coil so you can see the lead wire coming out better.

coil.jpg

Can you do this without removing the gas tank?