Yamaha contingency program!

Everything that I have read is that you have to be the original owner (reads warranty register) and the program is open to current year models and previos year models.

With that in mind, unfortunately, I feel that you are out of luck. It keeps me buying new bikes every couple of years, or one every year.

Rider agrees that Yamaha shall have a license to use riders name, signature, initials, likeness, photograph and similar materials in connection with the advertisement, promotion and sale of products distributed by Yamaha and any subsidiary of Yamaha.

In addition, rider agrees to the following program terms:

1) Yamaha must receive results within 45 days of event or November 30, 2007, whichever comes first, in order for contingency to be paid.

2) Riders who have not submitted a 2007 Contingency Form by November 30, 2007, will not be eligible for contingency earned in 2007.

3) 2006 or newer YZ/WR models are eligible.

4) Only U.S. models purchased in the United States are eligible.

5) Must have a valid U.S. social security number to be eligible.

6) Contingency will be paid to the WARRANTY REGISTERED owner. However, if warranty registered owner will not be competing, but sponsoring a rider, contingency will be paid to the rider.

7) All contingency certificates earned in 2007 must be redeemed by December 31, 2007.

8) In cases of multiple divisions of the same class, Yamaha will pay one division as specified by promoter.

9) In cases of dual sanctioned events, rider will be paid for one event only.

10) Contingency will be paid on rider's best finish in one class only per registered machine per event.

11) There will be no multiple class payout's at the same event for the same machine.

12) Payout's for race results not received by Yamaha within 45 days of the event will be forfeited.

13) The Yamaha logo and original color plastic components must remain on all YZ/WR machines to be eligible for contingency.

14) There must be a minimum of five riders in a class to qualify for contingency.

15) AMA professional SUPERCROSS and NATIONAL winners will be paid by check.

16) All other winning riders will receive "YZ BUCKS" certificates, redeemable for parts and merchandise at participating Yamaha Dealers.

17) Program details subject to change without notice.

Contact Yamaha Racing Contingency Dept. phone: 714.761.7509, fax: 714.229.7974 or email to: racingcontingency@yamaha-motor.com

• 9 months later...
Rider agrees that Yamaha shall have a license to use riders name, signature, initials, likeness, photograph and similar materials in connection with the advertisement, promotion and sale of products distributed by Yamaha and any subsidiary of Yamaha.

In addition, rider agrees to the following program terms:

1) Yamaha must receive results within 45 days of event or November 30, 2007, whichever comes first, in order for contingency to be paid.

2) Riders who have not submitted a 2007 Contingency Form by November 30, 2007, will not be eligible for contingency earned in 2007.

3) 2006 or newer YZ/WR models are eligible.

4) Only U.S. models purchased in the United States are eligible.

5) Must have a valid U.S. social security number to be eligible.

6) Contingency will be paid to the WARRANTY REGISTERED owner. However, if warranty registered owner will not be competing, but sponsoring a rider, contingency will be paid to the rider.

7) All contingency certificates earned in 2007 must be redeemed by December 31, 2007.

8) In cases of multiple divisions of the same class, Yamaha will pay one division as specified by promoter.

9) In cases of dual sanctioned events, rider will be paid for one event only.

10) Contingency will be paid on rider's best finish in one class only per registered machine per event.

11) There will be no multiple class payout's at the same event for the same machine.

12) Payout's for race results not received by Yamaha within 45 days of the event will be forfeited.

13) The Yamaha logo and original color plastic components must remain on all YZ/WR machines to be eligible for contingency.

14) There must be a minimum of five riders in a class to qualify for contingency.

15) AMA professional SUPERCROSS and NATIONAL winners will be paid by check.

16) All other winning riders will receive "YZ BUCKS" certificates, redeemable for parts and merchandise at participating Yamaha Dealers.

17) Program details subject to change without notice.

Contact Yamaha Racing Contingency Dept. phone: 714.761.7509, fax: 714.229.7974 or email to: racingcontingency@yamaha-motor.com

That is last year's program. 2006 models are not eligible in 2008. 2007 model year bikes are good for 2007/2008 (obviously this is halfway over)...but the 2008 bikes are good for three years (2008, 2009, 2010).

I'm torn as I made some good money with my '06 and Yamaha even bumped the payout for some of the classes in my offroad series so it would be $500 for a win. Still undecided.

That would be great if it true, but as far as I know it is only a two year deal. (2008/2009) Unless you did like I did and got an 08 in 07. I hope they extend it to 2010. I could be wrong maybe it is until 2010. I just haven't found that anywhere.

The contingency program itself is ongoing, and more or less permanent, but it is always limited to the current year and the one prior.

The current one is here:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/events/contingency_yz_08.aspx

You can get info by going to this page:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/

Then click on Sport, and then Racing, then find the Contingency Program link near the bottom of the page.

Crap... that sucks. It might be worth getting a new bike if I plan on racing every other weekend. I might save money in the long run. What do you think?

Check out the earlier links posted here to see which races near you are contingency races. My offroad series is usually around 11 - 13 races but I think only seven of them are contingency races. It will also give you the payout schedule so you know how much each class/finish is worth as it varies by race series and class. Pro/AA/A payouts are more than B/C class payouts.

Yamaha only pays out contingenecy to bikes that are no more than two years old. Example would be......> I bought a 06 450f in febuary of 06 and got contingenecy for the 06 year and also in 07.......and that was it!.......Now!...if I wanted contingenecy for 08 I would have to go and get an 08 model and it would be elgible for 09 also....but that would be the last year. To get contingenecy for 2010 you would have to buy a 2010 model and it would also be good for 2011 and that would be it.ect,ect. I just looked at the contingenecy form for 08 at the yamaha site about a couple of weeks ago and nothing has changed but they are paying out to the top 10 in points at the end of the year in points for the united states mega and the carolina ultra series in 08, how much I dont know.

Yea!....The united states mega series which is the series I run in which covers va,nc,tn,ga,and south carolina...........which we average about 15 rounds of racing a year yamaha usually pays out about 9 to 10 of the rounds. Honda always pays out all of them or at least they have in the past four years.