HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Yz HP on WR ??????

6 posts in this topic

I have done all the free type mods, yz muffler, yz exhaust cam, gutted airbox and side cover holes cut, grey wire cut. Just wondering how my Horsepower was compared to a proper yz. anyone

Probably identical. You've got all the right parts on it :bonk: And the compression ratio on the 05 YZ was the same as the 05-06 bike so you're covered on that.

The only thing that might make it lower HP is the airbox, the YZ airbox doesn't have the battery blocking it.

It'll still be slower because the WR is heavier...but its not for a lack of power.

Kewl thanks, I have my air box really, really gutted out, cut open almost fully on the side and way more then the snorkel removed up top.... I know it's heavier just wondered about any more HP tips to get it up to yz spec.

I thought the "motors" were the same other than flywheel and exhaust cam.

The engines are the same right down to the cam profiles. However the cam timing is different. The older WRs (98-02) you could just re-time the cams and you'd have YZ timing but with the auto decomp you have to buy a new cam because you cannot reposition the decomp pin.

I have done all the free type mods, yz muffler, yz exhaust cam, gutted airbox and side cover holes cut, grey wire cut. Just wondering how my Horsepower was compared to a proper yz. anyone

No noise issues up in Newfie land with the YZ muffler?

Our club sound tests before orginzed rides but these rides can get kinda wet and with holes in the side cover you would'nt want to ride them anyways

I'll bet you could beat Marcus in drag race though.

What is a proper YZ?