What’s the best Battery for a Toy Hauler?

I have a Weekend Warrior and I need to buy new Batteries for it. What is a good trailer battery? I have had a few Optima Batteries in the past for vehicles and I have not been happy with them. A friend of mine told me to buy Trojan Batteries for the trailer but I have never heard of those, anyone running those? Any other suggestions?

Its a Super Lite FK2100. Are the 6V batteries a lot bigger?

The reason I don't have 6V is because 2 of them won't fit in the battery box of my cabover, plus the $$$$. I originally read about them on RV.net, too.

The reason I don't have 6V is because 2 of them won't fit in the battery box of my cabover, plus the $$$$. I originally read about them on RV.net, too.

Costco in Socal sells the 6v golf cart batts for $62 each. You should be able to find batery boxes at a golf cart repair place.

I run two Grp 27 Interstate Marine batteries in my tent trailer, because all my camping is "dry" no electrical hook ups.

I lot of guys suggest the better setup then mine would be two 6v golf cart batteries in series as has been already posted before...The golf cart batteries are made to provide more amps for longer, and can go to a deeper discharge and not hurt them, that's the advantage.

But there are heavier and take up more room, so not every trailer can accomidate them.

At a minumum, I would run my setup, and if you have the room then the golf cart style would be better...

Whats the deal with 6V? Why are they better?
6Vs are about the same size as a group 24 12V, only difference is they're taller. 6Vs have half the number of cells/plates compare to the 12Vs, the cells/plates are much larger compare to the 12Vs. When you wire 2 6Vs together in series, it becomes one big 12v. Some wire 2 12Vs parallel, but you still have the smaller cells/plates because they're 12Vs.