Unhappy With OEM TT Store UPDATED-NOW HAPPY

I ordered parts from TT back on 3/26. I explained that I needed those parts by the coming Saturday-3/31, and that I would be willing to pay whatever charges necessary to make that happen. The guy tells me "if you can accept Saturday delivery-we can do it for $32 extra". Since I work Saturdays, and the parts are being shipped to my work address-I say "wonderful".

I have EVERYTHING done on my bike.. Gassed up, air filter cleaned, oil changed, riding gear out, and on Saturday... No delivery.

On Monday the guy calls and says, "we have your parts in". I ask him what happened with paying extra and where were my parts on SATURDAY?????!!!!!

He says he never promised a Saturday delivery . He says he just received the parts at HIS location. So, I realize I can't take back time and get the lost weekend back so I console myself with riding the next weekend (4/7 & 4/8). The guy asks if I still want over-night shipping for the extra $32.. Being that this was still Monday (4/2), I ask him if I will get the parts by this weekend. He says "for sure".. Today is Friday, I am waiting on the post man. If my parts don't come, I will have missed 2 weekends of riding due to this.

I work at an automotive repair shop. One thing I have learned (the hard way) is that I will NEVER promise delivery of a customers vehicle unless I know for sure that I can do it. Better to tell them it will take longer than it actually does, and then surprise them when they get it completed sooner.

I WISH that the representative I have been dealing with would have simply told me straight up what was going on so I could have choices as to whether to wait on them or not.

By the by, I could have ordered the parts from the dealer and had them in time to ride the weekend of 3/31 & 3/32.. Guess that savings of $40.00 really was no savings at all..

So, I sit here waiting on the post man.. Either he will be my best friend today, or make my TT rep my worst enemy.

For those thinking about ordering through TT-please confirm shipping dates and estimated time of arrival. Go so far as to ask for refunds on shipping for items that do not make the time they give you. Maybe if they have enough customers demand an honest answer-they will start giving them.:bonk:

Well, the UPS guy walked in while I was typing this.. He does not have my parts.. You think they are coming regular mail??????

Call and get some shipping info. One of the best things about using UPS or FedEx is the tracking system. You can follow your shipment as it makes it's way across the country. If it went USPS all bets are off.

Since you are in Texas I would imagine that any ground shipment should get to you be tomorrow.

I've had real bad experience with ordering OEM parts. Sometimes it has taken 2 weeks or even 3 to get parts. Is it is a "normal" part it is usually only a week or 10 days.

Bigtooth-you just made my day! I had forgot that today was THURSDAY. I guess I thought it was Friday because we usually get our paychecks on Friday, but we got them today due to tomorrow being a holiday (for the boss-I will be working).

That begs the next question, will UPS/Fed-Ex/US Postal service be running tomorrow, or will it be recognized as a holiday?

That begs the next question, will UPS/Fed-Ex/US Postal service be running tomorrow, or will it be recognized as a holiday?

Mail will be delivered tomorrow, it is not a Federal holiday... and I'm sure UPS and FedEx will be delivering as well.

You ought to call and find out who they shipped through. As someone else pointed out, you can tell when it was shipped and where it is in transit if they used UPS or FedEx. I've got some stuff I ordered last Monday from another online retailer and part of it will be here today and the other likely tomorrow. How do I know that? It was shipped UPS and the retailer supplied me with the shipping information. Any worthy online retailer would / should do this...

I ordered parts from TT back on 3/26. I explained that I needed those parts by the coming Saturday-3/31, and that I would be willing to pay whatever charges necessary to make that happen. The guy tells me "if you can accept Saturday delivery-we can do it for $32 extra". Since I work Saturdays, and the parts are being shipped to my work address-I say "wonderful".

I have EVERYTHING done on my bike.. Gassed up, air filter cleaned, oil changed, riding gear out, and on Saturday... No delivery.

On Monday the guy calls and says, "we have your parts in". I ask him what happened with paying extra and where were my parts on SATURDAY?????!!!!!

He says he never promised a Saturday delivery . He says he just received the parts at HIS location. So, I realize I can't take back time and get the lost weekend back so I console myself with riding the next weekend (4/7 & 4/8). The guy asks if I still want over-night shipping for the extra $32.. Being that this was still Monday (4/2), I ask him if I will get the parts by this weekend. He says "for sure".. Today is Friday, I am waiting on the post man. If my parts don't come, I will have missed 2 weekends of riding due to this.

I work at an automotive repair shop. One thing I have learned (the hard way) is that I will NEVER promise delivery of a customers vehicle unless I know for sure that I can do it. Better to tell them it will take longer than it actually does, and then surprise them when they get it completed sooner.

I WISH that the representative I have been dealing with would have simply told me straight up what was going on so I could have choices as to whether to wait on them or not.

By the by, I could have ordered the parts from the dealer and had them in time to ride the weekend of 3/31 & 3/32.. Guess that savings of $40.00 really was no savings at all..

So, I sit here waiting on the post man.. Either he will be my best friend today, or make my TT rep my worst enemy.

For those thinking about ordering through TT-please confirm shipping dates and estimated time of arrival. Go so far as to ask for refunds on shipping for items that do not make the time they give you. Maybe if they have enough customers demand an honest answer-they will start giving them.:bonk:

Well, the UPS guy walked in while I was typing this.. He does not have my parts.. You think they are coming regular mail??????

PM me your order number or name. I can't find you under your TT reg'd email addy.

I can tell you that we do not knowingly give dishonest answers to anyone and if I find out that anyone at that company has lied, out on their ass. Fortunately I've never had any reason to do this, as we have a solid staff. Error free? Of course not, nobody is perfect. But dishonest we're not. We've never done business this way nor do we do business this way now.

I'd be happy to investigate and see what's up.

Bryan

It took the TT store 3 weeks to get me my order for parts for a 2003 WR250F. I ordered a crank, bearings, cams and a few other items to rebuild the bike, and with no coorespondance I just waited for a week. Turns out, they had to/have to order the parts from else where in order to send them to you. I guess they were waiting for the crank from "somewhere".

My e-mails to Harry are below. As stated in my e-mail, they should tell you up front that they may have to get items from somewhere else, and shipping is dependent upon availability of those items. Doesn't seem like a store to me, but a re-seller.

Jon

We updated your crank shipment to 2nd day (no charge to you) so you can get it and get your bike back together

Thanks for the business

Harry - oem.TT

Harry, did my parts ship yet?? This is rediculous that it's taking over 2 weeks to get these parts. You need to put verbage on the website indicating that your customers should expect to wait for the OEM store to track down parts, rather than having them on hand.

Jon

They should Thursday. Every thing is delayed from the holiday

Harry

Name: Jon

Comments: When should I expect my parts to ship (order placed 9/1/2006).

Thanks

Jon

Bryan, I appreciate you responding. I probably should have kept quiet and waited to see what transpires.. My fault for not recognizing that it is in fact Thursday, and not Friday. If my parts show up tomorrow I'll be a man and come groveling back here with a sincere apology for being an *ss.

If they don't come tomorrow, I doubt there is much that can be done other than give the necessary time for these things to work themselves out.

Anybody have a loaner bike to get me through the weekend? I'll take an XR70 at this point.

yea i know what u mean,i ordered some stuff,off the internet, and 4 days later they said they were being shipped.hell i coulod have mailed the order and got placed just as fast shipping is one thing but just to place the order???????????

Thanks for the offer bud-but I have good news! I GOT MY PARTS TODAY!

TT store came through in the end! The parts arrived at around 12:00PM.. As soon as the boss left, I started working on the bike between customers. I started around 3P, and had everything swapped over, and the bike buttoned up around 5:45P. I actually test drove the bike with the new cam, full stainless steel Big Gun exhaust, and all new rockers, followers, and exhaust valve.

To TT store, I thank you for your patience (with me!) and for getting me my parts. I will go & see if I can edit the title of this thread.

Bike seems to run fairly well under acceleration, but still suffering from the same symptoms as before. Mis-fires horribly when cold under light acceleration, and will pop and sputter until it has been run for at least 10-15 minutes. Will stall repeatedly if you attempt to let it idle until it is fully warmed up. It will idle normally once it is completely warmed up. Because of breaking in the cam and all, I could not let it idle for long. Once it started, I took off towards the woods and rode it for at least 15 minutes trying to keep the RPM's up off idle.

Tomorrow morning I am going to adjust the valves, clean/oil the UNI air filter and with the weather permitting head off to do some riding.

Anybody on here live in/around the Houston area??? If the weather holds out, I would like to meet up with anyone interested in riding.

Okay, I tried to edit the title of the thread but I am not allowed. If the moderators could please update it, I would appreciate it.

*Hint, go to "thread tools" and "move this thread" to a different section of TT. Then once you do that do the same exact thing but go back to the original section (XR600/650) but just change the title where it says:

You may rename this thread if you wish.

[quote name=Kawabuggy;4603582

Anybody on here live in/around the Houston area??? If the weather holds out' date=' I would like to meet up with anyone interested in riding.[/quote]

I live in the North Dallas area, but happen to be in Houston this weekend visiting family. I had planned to bring the KX to ride at 3 Palms today, but the weather is so crappy, I decided not to bring it. Too bad the weather is bad otherwise maybe we could have met up! Maybe next time!

I had a similar poor cold running issue with my KX a while back. It was sputtering and bogging and backfiring. Ended up being moisture in the carb float bowl, muck on the main jet, and muck in my gas tank. Cleaned all of that up and she's running like a champ. Just something else to look at if you haven't already. My initial thought was that the valves were out of spec when it was doing this, but it ended up they were in spec.

I'm hoping to get down to Houston to ride at 3 Palms in the next month or so, maybe we can ride then...

Just let me know when you are coming in to town and we can definitely find time to ride.

I went riding this past Saturday.. Rain & all. Since I had just completed major engine work, and installed the new cam & exhaust, I could not wait to go riding.. Needless to say it was VERY cold, and very wet. I only rode for about an hour-which is exactly how long it took to lose all feeling in my hands & face. I cracked up the bike on the way back.. I crossed a bayou on the way out and the mud was soft. Front wheel tried to sink in and I almost endo'ed. So, on the way back, I say to myself "I'll just loft the front end over the water, put my weight on the back tire and push through this thing with some speed". Well, it worked too well! I ended up doing a wheelie all the way across the water, and then basically hit the other side still on my back tire. The bike shot straight up in the air, and I went along for the ride. I finally let go after being air-borne for what felt like a long time and landed flat on my back basically upside down as my head was towards the water, and my feet were up towards the top of the berm. I watched the bike land on the rear fender/tire, and then fall over to the left. Luckily it did not land on me as I was in no position to make any fast movements. The only victim was the brand new rear fender. I just put this fender on, and the maiden voyage cracks it up! Oh well. At least it did not do any damage to the end of my new exhaust system. It was plugged with mud which I dug out with a stick, and then blasted the rest out with a good throttle twisting. What fun! I have a new fender on order, and I can't wait to get out there this weekend and do it all again.

• Like 1