HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stoneagegixer

Bike Stalls During Endoes

11 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I do an endoe and when the rear tire hits the pavement, the bike stalls. Besides the advice of not doing endoes:bonk: , what can I do? The clutch is of course in so that is not the reason the bike stalls. Should I increase the idle, or is there something else I should look at?

Thank you in advance.

Lubos

Bike? year? Mods?

Dave

Sorry,

I didn't think that was necessary for a generic question like that. The bike is a xr650r 2000, edelbrock carbs, titanium fmf slip on, no eng mods...airbox uncorked...the end.

Lubos

PS thnks for the quick reply....

what's an endo?

I thought that was when you went over the bars and the bike landed on you.

what's an endo?

I thought that was when you went over the bars and the bike landed on you.

sounds like he means stoppie

Kick stand kill switch?

Its an R model no such switch! only L models have them!

Having the edelbrock carb you should not have this problem, unless you are way rich on your jetting.

Its an R model no such switch! only L models have them!

Having the edelbrock carb you should not have this problem, unless you are way rich on your jetting.

Sorry guys I ment stoppie. I thought they both are the same. Maybe it is too rich. I'll have the shop check it out...see if I can solve it. Its not a big deal, but these bikes have been made to do stupid stuff on em....

well heres one possible explanation....depending on the model this can happen.

If you are on an angle far enough forward the gasoline in the float bowl is tipped forward, holding the needle closed...to the point that the bottom of the main and pilot jets arent in the gas. Im not saying this is what happening ...but it did happen to me with my honda rubicon when ever coming slowly down a very steep grade .....how do you fix it.....well its a problem with the design that can only be overcome by fuel injection.....i recommend giving it a little bit of gas while doing your stoppie ....this will intice the engine to continue running off the fumes..... maybe?