carillo rod on stock crank or complete stock crank??

I think for $350.00 I got the complete rod and crank OEM from Service Honda. Funny, now I have a slipping third gear too. It might be time to stop the bleeding and pasture the 650 for a new steed....so far its been a money pig!

Here's my thoughts

if your keeping the stock bore and compression on the XR... the oem unit will work well.

if your going big bore and/or higher compression.. I'd go Falicon or Carillio.

A few engine builders have discussed thier contempt with failures using the pro-x and the hotrods and have suggested going another route.

When rebuilding an engine on a bike I want to keep.. I wouldn't make price my deciding factor.. your only talking a few extra $100 to build a better engine. It's money well spent even if you have to wait until you get the extra funds.

Here's my thoughts

if your keeping the stock bore and compression on the XR... the oem unit will work well.

if your going big bore and/or higher compression.. I'd go Falicon or Carillio.

A few engine builders have discussed thier contempt with failures using the pro-x and the hotrods and have suggested going another route.

When rebuilding an engine on a bike I want to keep.. I wouldn't make price my deciding factor.. your only talking a few extra $100 to build a better engine. It's money well spent even if you have to wait until you get the extra funds.

this bike is a keeper..i already invested some money on it and lots of time.

Main problem is the money factor, or i would not hesitate to use only the best products.

I wanna keep the standard bore.In that case probably a Hot Rod might be enough.300 bucks for a Falicon i can get a Hot Rod and a Wiseco standard piston....:thumbsup: difficult choice...