HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flintlock28

J/D jetting kit??

5 posts in this topic

Running the j/d jetting kit in my 04' 450f. I'm using the blue needle right now for between 47 and 60 degree weather. At what temperature should I switch to the red needle?? I would guess about 70 degrees or higher, but I'm not sure??? Let me know, thanx.:bonk:

In their kit for the 250F, the blue and red needles were for different altitudes, not temperature ranges. What do the instructions that came with it say? They're normally pretty informative.

^^^^ The instructions reference altitude and temperature ranges for the 250/426/450 applications.

I use the red needle year round. My bike sputters a little of the bottom end with the blue needle. Same with my wifes 250F, we use the red needle all the time also.

The instructions were somewhat ambiguous, since they listed the red needle for High humidity and/or high temperature. So that's why I'm guessing the cutoff may be around 70 or so;not sure. I usually ride from Sea-level, to about 1800 feet above.