Got a new to me XRL

Its a 94 which is pretty much stock and has 11k showing on the odometer. I know for sure I want to add a bigger tank to increase distance but my question is what else do you recommend? This is my first bike since I sold my 81 CR125 about 15 year ago. I have been running around on an 84 250R atc for the last couple years and finaly decided to drop the extra wheel and get back on two. I have searched and been reading everything you all have been saying but call me selfish I want my own thread with suggestions for my bike. I'll see about getting a couple pictures later this week.

Dave's Mods search and youll prolly find 500 threads about these for 650L's, and exhaust and air filter if the stock isnt already gone.

Not only can you not spell but more and more it seems you can not read either. He wants reccomendations for HIS bike NOT JOE MOMMAS BIKE!

Example: And Denn please take note and not offense!

Welcome to Thumper Talk Orygun! Lots of help to be had around here, Some though should be taken with a grain of salt :bonk: Your 94 model xr650L is very similar to even the 2007 models, Honda has made very few changes to the great and versatile bikes. Since you purchased a used bike your first step would be to determine if any mods have been made thus far, then you know where you stand. A easy way to check is to take the seat off and see if the snorkel has been removed from the top of the air box. It was held in by 2 rivets chances are its gone, next you would look for holes drilled in the air box, usually done on the left numberplate/cover. If these mods have been done it tells you that more than likely the carb has also at least been rejetted. If not you have a primo ride that you can mod the right way by doing a bit of homework.

Heres a link for Daves mods, check it out, get back to us, let us know what if any mods have been done, the stock main jet in the carb is a #155.

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/xr650lcarbmods/

Does your bike have the stock exhaust? and is the baffle removed?

There are lots of possibilities for your bike, please check it out first and let us know if anything has already been done.

Note to Denn; see thats not so hard, spelling, punctuation, a little thought and courtesy to others. I may not have given a total answer here, but to do so you need more info, so you start with that! Please do NOT take offense Denn I am not out to bust you out, Just offer a bit of inspiration and hopefully you can see that! Take care! keep your chin up!

• Like 1

I appreciate the answers rebel. I'm glad you caught the part about "my" bike. I have searched and read but am looking for suggestions for "my" bike. I don't care much what others have done as much as other peoples opinions on what has worked and not worked.

• Like 1