HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ender_swift

WR Supermoto

5 posts in this topic

Anybody Supermoto there wr's ? I want to try, it maybe for a road trip this summer.

Is this a bad idea ?

Lots of people have. I just picked up a second set of stock wheels so I can mount street tires on it and swap back to dirt mode in about 20 mins.

There is a super moto class where bikes have to have stock rims and suspension travel if your looking to race cheap.

A set of super moto rims sell for about $1200 with disc rotors. You still need tires and brake upgrades and you will have to cut down the suspension to be competitive in the mod classes.

My buddy has a set of 17" tires on his '03, and he lent the rims/tires to me for a few weeks last fall... What a blast... If you like to ride your WR on the road, the only way to CARVE the corners:thumbsup: is on some Motard tires... I'm looking for a set for myself as I write this...

Jamie