HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Portmod7

Pro Moto Billet Spark Arrestor

13 posts in this topic

I posted in another place on this website, thought I might try here also.

I have a brand new '07 YZ450 and I want to do a hare scramble race in two weeks. My hangup is that we are required to run a spark arrestor and I don't have enough cash to put an exhaust system on my bike. I was wondering if anybody has tried the Pro Moto Billet Spark Arrestor kit yet, and if it helped or hurt performance? It looks like a nice piece, but I don't want to spend $130 that i could be saving to get a new exhaust if it's just going to hurt the performance of the bike....

Thanks for the help!

Makes no difference over stock. I've got it on my 06'. My bike still won't pass the sound test but your 07 might.

I have one on my 06 as well, and I think it smoothed the power a little bit. It works and looks good, but I'm going to switch to a Dr. D system this year and probably sell the PMB unit.

I don't know about the sound test, but the dealer I bought mine at said it was not quite as loud, I can't tell a difference. The power seems to be the same if not a little better.

I have one on my 06 450 and it works great as far as the sparky is concerned. No difference in power output that I could notice. I don't know about the sound test and I have an ISDE style race in a couple weeks and I have to meet the 96db test. I bought the silent insert as well with my PMB Sparky so I hope I can get to the magic 96db level....I will be supprised if I do.

I've got one on my '07. No issues. Easy install with drill and rivet gun.

I have one on my 07. Easy install. Works fine. I got it with the silent insert that is supposed to pass the 96 db limit. The one time I got sound checked, it blew a 97. They let me race anyway. The bike had only been running a couple of minutes after sitting out on a cool night when it was tested. Anyone know if exhaust noise in the case of sound testing is lower for a warm engine compared to a cold engine?

I have one on my 06 450 and it works great as far as the sparky is concerned. No difference in power output that I could notice. I don't know about the sound test and I have an ISDE style race in a couple weeks and I have to meet the 96db test. I bought the silent insert as well with my PMB Sparky so I hope I can get to the magic 96db level....I will be supprised if I do.

Are you racing the OughtSix in Cascade?

It looks like a nice piece, but I don't want to spend $130 that i could be saving to get a new exhaust if it's just going to hurt the performance of the bike....

I have a PMB SA and quiet core for my stocker. I couldnt find anything cheaper than that. Like most said on the other post, performance is a wash.

Anyone else with a 2006 YZ450 test the PMB with the silent insert?

Will it pass the 96db test?

The website says it will lower the output by 3-5 dbs, it doesnt say it will meet the 96db requirements.

The website says it will lower the output by 3-5 dbs, it doesnt say it will meet the 96db requirements.

They told me all of them passed the 96db test. I think it even said it on the package. I havnt tested it myself yet, sorry.

Thats wierd, I would have sworn it used to say 96db silent inserts on their webpage so I just went and looked and you are right it does just say 3-5 db reduction. It must not have worked as good as they originally said. I am positive it used to say right on the sight.... 96db. Now I am nervous that mine isnt 96db, I better get it checked.

Anybody have it tested?

I've got the PMB insert with spark arrester on my 00 426. Love it. No differance that I can tell in power, and it is much quieter.