Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twenty34

Works Connection has Aluminum DipSticks Now

14 posts in this topic

Fyi...Got a new Works Connection catalog in the mail and they have aluminum red/blue dip sticks for the YZ now. It only shows the CRF versions on the website, but I'll be picking one up as the catalog says they have for 03-07 YZ's.

http://worksconnection.com/store/new_newproducts.html

I just got my axle blocks and new oil filler cap plug too.:bonk:

http://worksconnection.com/store/product.html?prod_id=6254

http://worksconnection.com/store/index.html?year_id=147&orig_model_id=69&orig_man_id=7

How much are the dipsticks?

Well it looks like I got excited for nothing. They are $39.95, but when looking in the catalog again, they have the axle blocks and dip stick on the same page. After further review, they are only for Honda 's. :naughty:

Shoot, I really wanted one. When I last spoke to ZipTy, they were also considering making one, but it's low priority on their list.:bonk:

If anyone ever does make one I'll be buying one for sure.... hopefully it's WC as I have almost everything they make for my bike! Going to order my axle blocks soon :bonk:

Back to plan A; I'm having Junior make one at school. :bonk:

Maybe he can make a few? I'd buy one for sure and likely a few others here. Or we can all just call WC or ZipTy and maybe it'll jump higher on their priority list. I can't believe that I have not stripped mine yet.

If anyone ever does make one I'll be buying one for sure.... hopefully it's WC as I have almost everything they make for my bike! Going to order my axle blocks soon :bonk:

Yea, the blocks looks pretty sweet. I'll get them on this week. Yea, I'm just waiting to strip my plastic dip stick.

I can't believe that I have not stripped mine yet.
They're a lot of fun to get screwed in, aren't they? I'm going to include an alignment shank below the threads on the design I give him. If he comes up with something, I'll let you know.

They're a lot of fun to get screwed in, aren't they? I'm going to include an alignment shank below the threads on the design I give him. If he comes up with something, I'll let you know.

:bonk::naughty:

Well it looks like I got excited for nothing. They are $39.95, but when looking in the catalog again, they have the axle blocks and dip stick on the same page. After further review, they are only for Honda 's. :naughty:

Shoot, I really wanted one. When I last spoke to ZipTy, they were also considering making one, but it's low priority on their list.:bonk:

This appears to be the common answer from zip ty. I THINK they show pictures of what they want to make. Then then wait for backorders to see hom many to produce. They did this to me on three items I ordered as well...the "low priority" comments.

No matter, once you finally get the pieces, they are great qality.

You had me reaching for the wallet, the plastic piece of :bonk: pisses me off every time. I've mentioned the dipstick to Zip Ty and Rocky Mtn. nothing yet.:naughty::D

You had me reaching for the wallet, the plastic piece of :bonk: pisses me off every time. I've mentioned the dipstick to Zip Ty and Rocky Mtn. nothing yet.:D:bonk:

I agree...the plastic is bogus - just like the hotstart nut.....:naughty:

However, IIRC the YZ's get the nice radiator cages, and the CRF's only get the little braces.....I think I like getting cages over the dipstick better. :bonk: