best bars for my xr650r??

I am running just the stock bars right now but want to go with something that has a higher bend, also will I have to buy a new tripple clamp to run something like a Pro Tapper?

Get the Scotts upper triple clamp with the bar mounts for oversized bars and sub mount. You will want a stabilizer in the future. Then get Windham Pro Taper or CR High bars. The Windham bars have the same bend as the new CRF450 (but higher). The CR bend is nice but come a little more back if I remember correctly.

This is a very comfortable setup!

Get the Scotts upper triple clamp with the bar mounts for oversized bars and sub mount. You will want a stabilizer in the future. Then get Windham Pro Taper or CR High bars. The Windham bars have the same bend as the new CRF450 (but higher). The CR bend is nice but come a little more back if I remember correctly.

This is a very comfortable setup!

This might be a little hard to see but...

303XLeftSide001.jpg

Hey Potts, I gotts a question...

I run the pro tapers CR high bend on the stock clamps with the adapter for the bars, which raises it about an inch or so. Does having that scotts top triple clamp (like what you have) raise the bars any higher then what I already have? I'm standing at 6'2", and I feel a little cramped when I stand up. I would need something that moves the bars forward a little bit, and a little higher then what I already have. Does this scotts unit do that?

BTW, sweet ride man!

Nice ride! I have run the Scotts stabilizer on my 450x and xr400's, How much will the set up you recommend set me back minus the Stabilizer? Also why do you not recommend Pro Tapers? Thanks, Mark

Hey Potts, I gotts a question...

I run the pro tapers CR high bend on the stock clamps with the adapter for the bars, which raises it about an inch or so. Does having that scotts top triple clamp (like what you have) raise the bars any higher then what I already have? I'm standing at 6'2", and I feel a little cramped when I stand up. I would need something that moves the bars forward a little bit, and a little higher then what I already have. Does this scotts unit do that?

BTW, sweet ride man!

OK... I just did some rough measurments for you. The simple answer is the Scotts clamp with bar mounts will move your bars forward about 1" which will give you some more room. Since you have the adaptor clamps that already raise your bars 1" this is close to the height of the Scotts setup I have but I would say the Scotts setup is maybe 1/4" higher. So... 1/4" higher and 1" forward.

Pro Taper contour, Reed/Henry bend. Love em!

Nice ride! I have run the Scotts stabilizer on my 450x and xr400's, How much will the set up you recommend set me back minus the Stabilizer? Also why do you not recommend Pro Tapers? Thanks, Mark

Sorry if my post wasn't clear... I do recommend the Pro Tapers! I run the Windham bend but the CR High Bend is also a good choice.

I'm not sure on the cost but you can go to Scott's web site... they show this setup with bars at $569.00 but this isn't for the submount setup which is what I recommend.

I tend to run the ProTaper SE's (short for 7/8th's) as they're usually $60-70 or so and don't require buying a triple clamp. CR HI's work well for my 5'10" frame...

Only I'm not sure if you can use them with a dampner though. Hmmmmm...