HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgreene

First ride on 426

1 post in this topic

Picked up an '01 426 a few months ago for $1200. Threw in a hotcam and a DB Dawg in the exhaust to make it quieter. Finally was able to ride it yesterday for the first time. Put in a few laps on the MX track and was able to do things that I have never done before. Mostly because all of my bikes are set up for trails. Then I hit the trails, for me, the bikes intended use.

This bike is a blast. Tons of power, great suspension, handles excellent. I was impressed with the turning ability, I could more or less squirt around tight turns. The suspension was surprisingly plush. Absorbed all of the roots and rocks. I could use a steering stabilizer to eliminate some of the twitchy feeling. There was an 10" log laying across the trail in one of the faster sections. I would hit the log in 3rd gear just about wide open and the bike did not even realize it was there.

I am a believer, can't wait for the first hare scramble.