usd fork problems

i did research and read that any CR front end from 91-93 would bolt right up. so i got my 91 CR125 front end in the mail today and nothing bolts up?!? the wheel the brake and the steering stem dont fit. so back to ebay with it.

just so im clear and not misreading someone elses thread,

what front ends will bolt right on with no extra work. including fork, brake , and front wheel?

i put USD forks on my klx125 and alli did was take the old forks of and put 01 kx100 forks on. i had my new forks on and riding in 20minutes. thats what im looking to do here

there is a cr500 front end on ebay right now, will that bolt up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170096142218&rd=1,1

The only bolt-in swap that I'm aware of is to use Emig Racing triple clamps and a complete CRF front end.

i did research and read that any CR front end from 91-93 would bolt right up. so i got my 01 CR125 front end in the mail today and nothing bolts up?!? the wheel the brake and the steering stem dont fit. so back to ebay with it.

just so im clear and not misreading someone elses thread,

what front ends will bolt right on with no extra work. including fork, brake , and front wheel?

i put USD forks on my klx125 and alli did was take the old forks of and put 01 kx100 forks on. i had my new forks on and riding in 20minutes. thats what im looking to do here

there is a cr500 front end on ebay right now, will that bolt up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170096142218&rd=1,1

OK.. which bike are you talking about? XR 650R or L or XR600?

you say 91 to 93??? but you got a 2001 front end?? that confuses me.

For xr650R

any late model CR/F clamps will work but you need to modify the steering stem by pressing out the XR650 stem and pressing it into CR/F clamps.

you must order/ fab a spacer for the top clamp and machine down the underneath of the top clamp. There are examples on this forum.

Yep.. you must buy the front wheel, axel and spacers from the same year as the forks. front brake should mount right up except of 04 and newer forks. then you need new caliper.

XR/XL 600/650. Emig racing sells a press in stem for the CR/F tripple clamps with spacer etc.

there is no direct "bolt on" USD forks for the XRs

best way to go is emig racing. Talk to Paige.. she knows what you need and will get the parts to you fast.

FYI the 04 and newer showas have way better stock valving than the 90's units

you will also have to respring/revalve for the bike weight and your riding style.

you say 91 to 93??? but you got a 2001 front end?? that confuses me.

sorry im retarded, i meant 91 not 01. and my bike is a xr650r. i have talon hubs on my supermoto wheels, do they make different carriers for those hubs to fit different bikes? i hope so. if not then i think im over it. at least for now.

thanks for that info.

I think more research may be in order........

sorry im retarded, i meant 91 not 01. and my bike is a xr650r. i have talon hubs on my supermoto wheels, do they make different carriers for those hubs to fit different bikes? i hope so. if not then i think im over it. at least for now.

thanks for that info.

Yes, you can swap out the hub internal hubs to fit different Honda bikes. I have never seen a set of USD's that will just bolt onto the XR stems without some kind of modification or the Emig stem.

what years should i look for? what years have the best valving? or does it even matter since im going to get them revalved for supermoto anyway?

Mate just buy the latest model CRF forks and get the stem machined for your frame

end of story.

newer forks are much better than old.