Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr500_89

Well i got pulled over

11 posts in this topic

Yeah "sheriff john" cop pulled me over yesterday checked over the bike asked for my license and told me my bile was too loud what a load i got the 96db White Bros E2 on there man and after it was all over he said i had a nice bike and let me go

Figures all those loud Harley's and they pull over a thumper:mad: Least u didnt get a ticket, thats cool:worthy:

Todd

The 96 dBa is the off road standard. The on road standard is different. It is also not measured the same way so it's hard to tell if the pipe is really legal on the road or not. The off road measurement is made close up, at only 20 inches. The on road mesasurement is made at 50 feet and must be 80 dBa or lower.

Leave it to California to come up with such different measurements. Hard to know what's legal anymore.

I would guess that's just the reason the cop came up with. He saw a dirt bike and was stopping a dirt bike. Then he saw the plate and had to come up with some other reason for stopping you.

i had a cop follow me for a distance when i first put the plate on. i think he was running the numbers just to make sure the plate matched the bike.

Had one last year pull up real fast only a few feet from my rear tire. Must have been reading the plate. Scared the crap outa me with him that close. Not a lot of dual sports around here.

The 96 dBa is the off road standard. The on road standard is different. It is also not measured the same way so it's hard to tell if the pipe is really legal on the road or not. The off road measurement is made close up, at only 20 inches. The on road mesasurement is made at 50 feet and must be 80 dBa or lower.

Leave it to California to come up with such different measurements. Hard to know what's legal anymore.

I would guess that's just the reason the cop came up with. He saw a dirt bike and was stopping a dirt bike. Then he saw the plate and had to come up with some other reason for stopping you.

thats exactly what i was thinking didnt see the plate pulled me over to make sure then didnt want to seem like a dumbass

I feel it is a matter of time before I get pulled... since I titled my XR650R, I get the bent neck from all "the boys" I pass by... like I am riding a off road only dirt bike. Here in Florida you can not title a XR650R from a dealer, so that may be an issue... I recommend just hitting the dirt and hope they do not deploy the helicopter! Its hard to lose the chopper... :naughty::D:bonk:

A motorcycle cop pulled me over after I merged on to the highway, rather quick, in San Diego. I didnt notice him until he was right next to me pointing to the side of the rode in a pissed manner.:bonk: He didnt get off his bike, rode past me and shouted, "Its your lucky day!":ride:

I got pulled over 4 times in Arizona on vacation! I think they never saw a rider wearing a helmet , and thought I was riding a dirtbike on the road!:bonk:

yeah when people see me ride by they point like "look at the idiot on the dirtbike"

Are you kidding me he just wanted to check out the bike. you were never going to get a ticket. my buddy and i ame both rangers. we do it all the time. wee not pull them over but we follow them till they stop themn check out the bike.