Some upgrades to my 426

Over the winter I picked up a bunch of crap for my bike and finally got to try it all out yesterday. I thought I would post some pics for anyone else looking to do similar upgrades.

I wanted a more comfortable seat so I went with the Guts Racing Tall/Soft seat. It makes a huge difference over the stock one and was easy to install with an electric stapler. I wanted some higher bars also so I bought the RC High Fat bars with risers. This combo really made the bike a lot more comfortable for me. I barely have to bend over when I'm standing up. My brother-in-law is about 5'10 and cannot touch the ground on the bike. I'm 6'2" and it's perfect for me.

No sore ass or back after 6 hours of single track.:bonk: I wish I would have bought these right away.

I also picked up a moose skid plate and Moose front fender bag that I mounted on the back. It just barely fits as the straps are a little short but all I keep in it is a tool wrap so it works great. I put a wing nut and bolt through it and the fender in case the straps come loose. So far so good.

I also bought a Ram Mount for my GPS. How did I manage without this. That thing is perfect. :naughty: The MSR elephant ears kept my hands nice and toasty while riding in about 40 degree weather in the mud.

140157189-M.jpg

140157440-M.jpg

Most of the stuff I bought was off of recommendations here, so thanks.

nice looking wr ....like the folding mirrors too

Good looking 426 :bonk: I have an 02 and love it. I road a buddies 05 and it's nice but I'm not a read aggressive rider so I'll stick with my 02. besides I have it moded just the way I like it and I don't want to start all over. Do the auto decompress cam mod and add a Rekluse, both good investments. :naughty:

Good looking 426 :bonk: I have an 02 and love it. I road a buddies 05 and it's nice but I'm not a read aggressive rider so I'll stick with my 02. besides I have it moded just the way I like it and I don't want to start all over. Do the auto decompress cam mod and add a Rekluse, both good investments. :naughty:

Thanks, yea I would not want to start all over either, especially getting it street legal. I always day dream about wanting a new one of course then I ride mine and can't think of a reason why I would need a new one. It starts first kick, runs like hell and has never let me down so far. I think I'll just run it into the ground and save my money for a GS or a 950 Adventure or something.

Nice upgrades Lowry !

I want the GPS Ram Mount !!!!! Must make not taking the GPS out of your backpack worth its money in gold.

Long live us 02 DubyaR riders :bonk: I love my bike too