HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timmerz

Anybody else use a tail bag? '83 XL600R

3 posts in this topic

Wifey got this for me off the Cycle Gear site and I finally got to install it this weekend...I'll be commuting with the bike a few days this week, so will be able to tell whether it stays in place pretty quickly.

I followed the directions for installation, and it seems really firmly in place...I'm pretty sure that highway use will be a breeze...on the dirt? Might be a different story....we'll see.

Anybody else use these and got any hints?

xltailbag1ps9.jpg

xltailbag2tf9.jpg

i have the B-alaska tailbag by chase harper , nice unit seems to stay in place pretty well but ive pretty much used it on the street and dirt roads, never tried it when doing any serious off roading. i run mine more on the back of the seat so it would actually keep me from sliding back on the seat too far but on the road it makes a pretty nice backrest when im getting lazy :bonk:

i have the B-alaska tailbag by chase harper , nice unit seems to stay in place pretty well but ive pretty much used it on the street and dirt roads, never tried it when doing any serious off roading. i run mine more on the back of the seat so it would actually keep me from sliding back on the seat too far but on the road it makes a pretty nice backrest when im getting lazy :bonk:

Yeah, the instructions mentioned that it could either be mounted to the back secton of the seat or to the rear fender if there was sufficient support back there, which there is in my case....thought I'd try this first, 'cause I frequently take the grandson up to the tops of hills that his bike won't make...will save me the trouble of removing the bag each time I want to double-up....