Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldmxr

Suspension question

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me get a plusher ride out of my stock suspension? I am 185, and ok for my age (45) but still wish I cold balance the bottoming with a little softer ride. How do you guys set up for mx with your forks and shock. Any help would be appreciated.:bonk::naughty:

We are working on a 2004 YZ450 of all things. Stock Kayaba forks, a real Dubba for a rider!! It's not that the suspenderes are that BAD, but they aren't plush for sure. Seems to transmit alot of small stuff right to the bars.

We are working on a 2004 YZ450 of all things. Stock Kayaba forks, a real Dubba for a rider!! It's not that the suspenderes are that BAD, but they aren't plush for sure. Seems to transmit alot of small stuff right to the bars.

Lessen your fork compression. That should help. If not, then try loosening up your fork rebound. Don't overdue it. Only a click or two at a time and then ride to see how it resonds and keep track of how many clicks you are changing for each - compression or rebound. The springs will work fine for your weight. If all else fails, a revalve will do the trick, but start with these suggestions.

Short of revalving, try backing off on the compression, as suggested. If that doesn't help, or isn't enough try lowering the oil level to the minimum (135mm). Unfortunately, what you're describing is pretty typical of the '04 forks in stock form.