Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H 17 Racing

What is the best front tire

11 posts in this topic

I have a 07 yz450 and last week while racing I noticed the front tire did pretty good in sticky corners, but at the end of the day it keept sliding out even in some of the berms. I already have thse suspension set. What would you guys recomend?

The Dunlop 756 is a favorite for tracks that run from Loamy/hardpack, but it doesn't hold up all that well.

I ride both track/trails, and I love the Pirelli Scorpion Pro for the front, with the Pirelli MT-16 for the rear. It has worked very well on Hardpack, loam, Dirt/sand mixture, Rocks, and occasional Sand. I can't speak how well it is on pure Mud, because I don't ride Mud very often. I've run the 756, the 739 FA, the Maxxis IT, and the Maxxis SI, and the Pirelli's have been my favorite. The Pirelli's were recommended by Dwight Rudder the "Off-road Riding" forum moderator, and I love the combo. I've been hearing very good things about the Dunlop 952 model also. Hope this helps.

The Dunlop 756 is a favorite for tracks that run from Loamy/hardpack, but it doesn't hold up all that well.
The D745 works better in all respects for that combination. For a softer range, the new D742FA is excellent.

If money is no object, nothing beats the Dunlop 756RR (Race Ready) front and rear. The front sticks like glue. They don't last long (strong warning), but nothing compares to a fresh set.

i personally like the dunlop d755 on the front, the 756's just wear out too fast, and when it gets a little muddy, the 742 that mine came with was horrible. the track i ride a lot here gets a bunch of different conditions in a single busy day, in the am it is groomed up and deep, then it it packed, then they put water down and it gets slicker than snot, then it gets dry and slippery again, then the put water down again. the 755 seems to do pretty good for me. it is kind of tough to find though, everybody stocks the 756's now. i do run the new 952 on the rear and so far i have no complaints.

... the 742 that mine came with was horrible.

It should be noted that the original 742 and the new 742FA are entirely different tires. The old one wasn't very impressive; the new one is.

Michelin MS3.

I am currently running the 756 because the bike came with it. IMHO, the MS3 lasts longe,r and hooks up much better.

I'm swappin it out when it wears out (which will probably be within the next couple months...

Michelin MS3.

I am currently running the 756 because the bike came with it. IMHO, the MS3 lasts longe,r and hooks up much better.

I'm swappin it out when it wears out (which will probably be within the next couple months...

Had MS3 on my 04 and loved them and plan on putting a set on my 07. Great tires!!!