HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
witdogg

Slip on for a 04 YZ450F

7 posts in this topic

I have a buddy that has a 2004 YZ450F. He hates the way the stock silencer looks. He wants to buy a nice looking slip on for it but does not want to spend a lot of money. He is not concerned with more power or making it quieter or louder, he just wants something that will look better. Who makes an inexpensive silencer for these bikes that still looks good?

there are always posts on craigslist for slip on pro circuit pipes

I myself like the white brothers or the FMF TI-4 or Factory 4 here is a pic of my 04 450 with the FMF TI 4

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/jbroswell/DSCN0727.jpg

The thing i like is you can buy the optional end cap that has teh SA screen in it and then switch to the open end cap that comes with it when you rnot in BLM or forrest area.

I have a buddy that has a 2004 YZ450F. He hates the way the stock silencer looks. He wants to buy a nice looking slip on for it but does not want to spend a lot of money. He is not concerned with more power or making it quieter or louder, he just wants something that will look better. Who makes an inexpensive silencer for these bikes that still looks good?

What does he consider cheap? There aren't too many cheap exaust pipes out

there....

I have an FMF Factory 4 on my '04 - bought it for $289 from a friend who races for FMF - and I really like it. Easy change-out for the spark arrestor end to go trail riding and also can get a quiet core for those parks that enforce the 96 db level. Didnt really increase the sound level over my stocker but it does sound a little more "throaty."