Ready Racing CompFlow Oil filter and Air Filter

Hi, I bought a 1999 Yz400f. I want to buy a stainless steel oil filter. It seems that I have only one choice: Ready Racing (Scotts does not offer one for the 99 model). Anyway, I wanted to ask your feedbacks about the quality of this filter. Should I buy the cover with it or it's useless?

Also, I saw on their website that they offer cheap air filter. Anyone has any comments on those filters?

Thanks in advance for your help, it's my first four-stroke so I have many questions in mind!

Hi, I bought a 1999 Yz400f. I want to buy a stainless steel oil filter. It seems that I have only one choice: Ready Racing (Scotts does not offer one for the 99 model). Anyway, I wanted to ask your feedbacks about the quality of this filter. Should I buy the cover with it or it's useless?

Also, I saw on their website that they offer cheap air filter. Anyone has any comments on those filters?

Thanks in advance for your help, it's my first four-stroke so I have many questions in mind!

The scotts should fit. Is the p/n for the ready filter the same as the newer bikes?

The air filter is nothing more than a thin piece of junk.

Hi, I bought a 1999 Yz400f. I want to buy a stainless steel oil filter. It seems that I have only one choice: Ready Racing (Scotts does not offer one for the 99 model).
The Scotts filter for any YZF will fit ALL YZF models. Simple as that. It will come with only the one seal for the outboard end, and you'll wonder if that's OK, and it is. The Scotts was the first of this type of filter, and the quality is still better than any of the less expensive knockoffs.

I have used the Ready Racing airfilters for a while with no problems. I wash them around 5 times then buy a new one.

I just put a Ready Racing stainless oil filter in my bike, and so far (1 oil change, 1 time the filter has been cleaned) I like it. :bonk:

I too, have a 1999 yz400f by the way. :naughty:

My new bike came with out and I immediatly threw it away when I got home. He gave me a extra one: That one went to the new owner of my old bike...

I would say it's probably half the thickness of a good filter. Why risk it on a very expensive set of valves?

I have a ready racing oil filter for my 06 yz450f and Iam pleased with it. Just make sure if you get one the rubber grommet end othe oil filter goes to the out side away from the motor in another words the side of the filter that has the rubber seal on it sets against the oil filter cover. The rr oil filter comes with the cover and is really nice looking on the bike gives it that bling look.