Fork height queston? How high?

Need your help guys!..... Bought a new tag revolution top clamp and T2 bar and was wondering what is the max limit of the fork height in the top clamp?:bonk: I have a 06 yz450f and was wanting it to turn in the corners a little better and when I had the stock clamp on the forks were 5mm below the line on the fork. Now that I have put the new tag clamp on I raised them to 7mm,s is this to much?>a little more or what!:naughty: ........ Need yalls in put I have a race sunday on a tight track with a lot of turns in it and tight jumps. I wont be able to try the new clamp out until saturday at the track during practice.:D

There are three things that will tell you that you can't raise the fork any farther:

> The upper tubes have a machined area for the the clamps to run on. If the lower edge of either of these two machined areas is flush with the bottom edge of either the upper or lower clamp, that's as far as you can raise it.

> The forks hit the handle bars. Obvious.

> The handling turns foul. If the head angle is too steep, the front end may start to tuck under in turns, and the front fork may not work right against straight-on impacts like whoops.

I measured the forks grey!... Two different ways,.... The line that goes around the forks> I used a caliper and measured from the clamp up to the line is 7.31mm and the other way was from the clamp to the top of the fork... just the top of the fork not the top of the cap>just top of fork and that measurement was 12.21mm. Do I need to raise them just a little? or is this alright?

I measured the forks grey!... Two different ways,.... The line that goes around the forks> I used a caliper and measured from the clamp up to the line is 7.31mm and the other way was from the clamp to the top of the fork... just the top of the fork not the top of the cap>just top of fork and that measurement was 12.21mm. Do I need to raise them just a little? or is this alright?

Sounds like you have them high enough already.You probably could go past the machined edge on your fork but I would'nt do it .Crank your sag a little higher.

On my 04' 450f, I just increased the fork height to the 2nd line (I believe it's 10mm from the top of the fork). So far at the track, and on trails, it hasn't given me any headshake or weird handling...I'm going to keep it at this level, it definatley "falls over" easier. I'm also running the Stormlink linkage, which raises the rear end.