07 WR450 sag

Anyone set the sag on there 07 WR450 yet?

If so was it a pain to get to the shock? did you pull the shock or lift the subframe?

Looked imposable to me to, just use a long punch and a hammer to break the lock nut loose. Access from kick start area. Then while bike is on a stand just turn the spring and count the flats.

It looked to hard so i gave it a miss. I really should make the effort though

I used a large flat screw driver and a mallet to make the adjustments.

It's not hard at all...just takes a bit of time.

-Jay

I guess screwdriver and hammer have it. Same way I did my last YZ but thought I would ask if there was an easy way to do the WR. I think I will turn on the tunes, crack a beer and slowly spin it.

have a great one.

A long flat blade screwdriver and a hammer works great from the kickstart side of the bike. Its a piece of cake, the bike will reward you after you do it.

Just put it on a stand, loosen the lock nut and turn the spring by hand. So much easier than using a punch.

Just set the sag. Was no problem from kickstarter side. Used a long screwdriver and the clamp on the pipe as a little leverage. Rear tire off the ground for on pressure on the spring. Worked great.

Thanks guys!!

I just put a mark on the lock nut with a sharpie, spun it with a large screwdriver & hammer 1 turn at a time, measured, and 3 beers later it was done!!:bonk:

Just put it on a stand, loosen the lock nut and turn the spring by hand. So much easier than using a punch.

Used this method today and worked fine.

Looks