HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flintlock28

Dubach SA slip on question?

7 posts in this topic

Just mounted a used Dr. D SA slip on exhaust. I noticed that the kick starter rubs slightly against the pipe...(looks like previous owner had the same thing happening, as there's a wear mark) What did you guy's do to remedy that?

Looks like I may be able to rotate the kickstarter possibly enough backward to avoid hitting....not sure. Let me know if you run the same setup....Oh, one other thing; should I use high temperature RTV at the head pipe/slip on connection? Doesn't seem to be leaking, but I wonder if I should, just to be safe??

thanx

Mine touches it too on my YZF.

Do not use RTV on the slip joint. All you need is a very thin coating of anti-sieze.

The exhaust gases would have to turn around, and go back through a very very thin tolerance for an inch to escape...

Thanks for the help.....Yeah, you're right, it would take a heck of an effort to escape.

I already mounted the pipe, if I don't use anti-seize, will it be a problem down the line?

Thanks for the help.....Yeah, you're right, it would take a heck of an effort to escape.

I already mounted the pipe, if I don't use anti-seize, will it be a problem down the line?

Just more of a PITA to remove it later on down the line. Doesn't mean that it's not feasable, but it is much easier to remove.

O.K., I may take it back off and put on some anti-seize.

I've only had a chance to ride down the street a few times, but the low-end definately feels stronger. Didn't have enough time to evaluate it compared to stock. I really won''t know until I hit the trails/track.

thanx