Dubach SA slip on question?

Just mounted a used Dr. D SA slip on exhaust. I noticed that the kick starter rubs slightly against the pipe...(looks like previous owner had the same thing happening, as there's a wear mark) What did you guy's do to remedy that?

Looks like I may be able to rotate the kickstarter possibly enough backward to avoid hitting....not sure. Let me know if you run the same setup....Oh, one other thing; should I use high temperature RTV at the head pipe/slip on connection? Doesn't seem to be leaking, but I wonder if I should, just to be safe??

thanx

bump

Anybody??

mine also touches it slightly but not to bad so i just ride it like it is

Mine touches it too on my YZF.

Do not use RTV on the slip joint. All you need is a very thin coating of anti-sieze.

The exhaust gases would have to turn around, and go back through a very very thin tolerance for an inch to escape...

Thanks for the help.....Yeah, you're right, it would take a heck of an effort to escape.

I already mounted the pipe, if I don't use anti-seize, will it be a problem down the line?

Thanks for the help.....Yeah, you're right, it would take a heck of an effort to escape.

I already mounted the pipe, if I don't use anti-seize, will it be a problem down the line?

Just more of a PITA to remove it later on down the line. Doesn't mean that it's not feasable, but it is much easier to remove.

O.K., I may take it back off and put on some anti-seize.

I've only had a chance to ride down the street a few times, but the low-end definately feels stronger. Didn't have enough time to evaluate it compared to stock. I really won''t know until I hit the trails/track.

thanx