Tell me what you guys think.

I just finished installing a digital oil temp sensor on the L. I had to drill and tap the frame to install the sensor. I had thought about getting the oil temp sensor that screws in the oil fill, but decided to go with this. It was less than 100.00. I was wondering if anyone else has installed something similar to this.

Garage009.jpg

Garage012.jpg

Looks good. Where did you find it? Did it come with all the brackets and everything you needed?

Looks good. Where did you find it? Did it come with all the brackets and everything you needed?

I got it from Parts Unlimited. Didnt come with any brackets just velcro. I made the bracket from some Aluminiun that I had laying around. But you can mount it just about anywhere you want with the velcro. It also came with a adapter to screw in the engine. But there was no place for it to go. so thats why I put it there and the fact that the sump is not under any pressure.

Looks good, but how do you not crash with all those info systems on your dash? Seems like you have to look and check the tire pressure/coolant temp/verify three speedos (one satellite tracked)/check tripometer/elevation/wind speed/relative humidity and make sure the toast isnt getting burned. All the while trying to keep the rubber side up :bonk: .

And what the heck does your avatar mean? No squatting on miniature trees?

How high does it read? I know the old Daytonas would only go up to 210*F. The newer ones (and it appears that is a newer model) would go higher but I wonder if they go high enough to read running oil temps.

How high does it read? I know the old Daytonas would only go up to 210*F. The newer ones (and it appears that is a newer model) would go higher but I wonder if they go high enough to read running oil temps.

reads from -58 f to 482 f

Its for oil or water

Looks good, but how do you not crash with all those info systems on your dash? Seems like you have to look and check the tire pressure/coolant temp/verify three speedos (one satellite tracked)/check tripometer/elevation/wind speed/relative humidity and make sure the toast isnt getting burned. All the while trying to keep the rubber side up :bonk: .

And what the heck does your avatar mean? No squatting on miniature trees?

I usually stop and pull over when its time to gather information. and as for my Avatar. Alll though you can read the writing. It say " No Sh***ing in the woods. It is in german.

reads from -58 f to 482 f

Its for oil or water

:bonk:

The ones I've had must only have been for water.