Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tough Guy

07 WR450's poor quality seat cover?

10 posts in this topic

My friend crashed his new 07 WR a coupla weeks ago and his seat tore....You think to yourself, well he crashed.....

I was riding my 07 WR last weekend and my bike leaned hard up against a tree and guess what? My seat tore!

I have ridden bike for years, I have crashed down a few mountains in my day and never, I mean never tore a seat....

So is it coincidence or poor quality materials?

Chris

What happened is that for the last few years everyone has been bitching about the WR's excess weight etc. and the factory responded by giving us smaller tanks and lighter weight materials to satisfy our complaints. Maybe we should complain that the bikes are now too tender and get some of the quality back!!!!!!! :bonk: --WR Dave

I never give them the chance to rip, the seat is usually the first thing I change...... my 07' is on the stand in the garage. 2/10 of a mile on it and shes tore down, seat cover and foam are being replaced with a guts tall soft and gripper cover while I wait for the f:censored:ing main air jet that was supposed to be in my AIS removal kit:foul:

I have never had a drama with mine. They are the same cover since 04 i think and i havn't had a drama with any of them.

Looks

I have never had a drama with mine. They are the same cover since 04 i think and i havn't had a drama with any of them.

Looks

Unfortunately for me the riding I do and the places I ride "drama" seems to follow....:naughty:

I have already bookmarked the GUTS website and plan on getting a new cover from them....:bonk:

Chris

Unfortunately for me the riding I do and the places I ride "drama" seems to follow....:naughty:

I have already bookmarked the GUTS website and plan on getting a new cover from them....:bonk:

Chris

Depending on how tall you are, consider the tall foam, it gets rid of the WR sway back and allows for a more aggressive riding position while seated.....

1 person likes this

Depending on how tall you are, consider the tall foam, it gets rid of the WR sway back and allows for a more aggressive riding position while seated.....

I am 6' 2"

I was thinking tall, soft...?

Chris

A friend of mine has the "tall soft," and I think it is too soft.

Like a sofa. I think the "tall medium" will be right for me.

I believe GUTS classifies the '07 WR450 seat as simliar to their "hard" seat.

I am thinking the "tall medium" will be similar to my DRZ seat, which

I find to be just about right... for me that is.

The seat cover on my '07 WR is fine. It looks about the same now as when brand new.

The problem...it's like sitting on a plank of balsa wood. I have been hesitant about buying the Guts Tall/Soft because my 31in. inseam diesn't let me stand flat-footed on the bike now.

Will the tall/soft foam be about the same or will I sit up even higher?

Thanks.

-Jay