HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YZF831

06-07 What bars do you use??

11 posts in this topic

I'm not the biggest fan with the stock pro taper's that come on the new yamaha 's so I'm wondering what you guys switched to who feel the same way. Definetley need to be higher with a better sweep and rise. Thinking about the renthal twin wall carmichael high's...anyone run these? Input on any other bar will be greatly appreciated also. Thanks!:bonk:

i use tag's version of the cr high. they are pretty much the same throughout brands, but i love them. they give me plenty of the highth i enjoy off road, and feel great on the track

I'm not the biggest fan with the stock pro taper's that come on the new yamaha 's so I'm wondering what you guys switched to who feel the same way. Definetley need to be higher with a better sweep and rise. Thinking about the renthal twin wall carmichael high's...anyone run these? Input on any other bar will be greatly appreciated also. Thanks!:bonk:

Yea thats as high as you can go without a longer front brake line.

I am running those and love'em:ride:

Yea thats as high as you can go without a longer front brake line.

I am running those and love'em:ride:

i think the throttle cables are more of the concern...

however i went with the windham bend(which i think is a little taller than the CR high) and they work fine.

My son likes the Windham (RM Mid) bend, which is some 15mm higher than stock. I like the slightly lower Reed/Henry bend.

reed/henry...put them on as soon as i got my bike home. I never even tried the stock bars, they're sitting in a box in my garage w/the oem grip still in place :bonk:

I went with the KX High Bend. 14mm up and more forward than most of the other bars. The Windhams and the Reeds felt like they angled back too much but its all personal preference.

i think the throttle cables are more of the concern...

however i went with the windham bend(which i think is a little taller than the CR high) and they work fine.

Throttle is o.k its the front brake line thats tight

Throttle is o.k its the front brake line thats tight
The Brake hose on mine is fine with the Windhams. :bonk:
reed/henry...put them on as soon as i got my bike home. I never even tried the stock bars, they're sitting in a box in my garage w/the oem grip still in place :naughty:

I tried the OEM '06 bars on my '03 when I set it up for fat bars, but they are even lower than the normal YZ bend that came on th eolder bikes, and they also have very little pull back at all. Just kind of a weird bend in general. I put Henrys on the '03 instead.