01 wr426 modifications

I recently purchased a 01 wr426.I've put 200 miles on it of easy riding.It,s really slower than I expected after reading the magazine write-ups. The mags refer to the throttle stop and YZ timing mods, however the owners manual doesn't refer to these mods or how to perform them. I would consider the bike fully broken in and ready for the upgrades.Any assistance would be appreciated.

huskyrider, a very important thing I'll add is that you need to change that oil very frequently (now, then every couple hundred miles) and don't be alarmed by the amount of metallic substance you're going to see floating in the oil. Remember to clean (or replace) the filter. Also, be aware there's a coarse screen filter at the bottom of the frame oil tank which screws in where the hose attaches (just behind the upper section of the aluminum skid plate). In my case, all the particles are fine enough to get through this screen down and then get trapped by the engine oil filter.

After you do the power modifications, I expect you'll be back to give us your real impression of the beast.

Jerry

Originally posted by huskyrider:

I recently purchased a 01 wr426.I've put 200 miles on it of easy riding.It,s really slower than I expected after reading the magazine write-ups. The mags refer to the throttle stop and YZ timing mods, however the owners manual doesn't refer to these mods or how to perform them. I would consider the bike fully broken in and ready for the upgrades.Any assistance would be appreciated.

Huskyrider, Check your Private messages. You need to go to the top of the page to (my profile) you click it to get your private messages. You can also pick to send you e-mail when you receive PM's. THANKS! ##Crash##