how to lighten up 426?

what are some good mods for the 426 to lighten up the handling and manuverability? i hear lowered radiators and the dr.d wet sump kit are the way to go but i dont want to sacrifice reliabilty with the wet sump kit. any suggestions would be appreciated especially if the mods are cheap or a modification that can be done with no cost.

Getting your suspension revalved will help some of the heavy feeling in the corners and on the jumps.

yeah that has been another thing on my list ...im leaning towards pro-action, thanx.

thanx ill check it out

so from what im reading from that smart suspension place they use the existing valves with their own technology?....interesting. how is it working for you? im kinda stuck because i need suspension that can handle off-road but also hit the occasional mx track. i was thinking of getting the suspension done for mx style riding but adding some subtanks so its somewhat forgiving.

Took mine to Pro-Action in Illinois. One of the best Mods I have done next to the 450 Cam mod for my 426. Didn't lighten the bike but improved the handling, turning and some of the Top-heavy feeling. I didn't have the $'s for a complete re-valve but went with heavier springs and had it tuned for both MX and woods. Works well on both and is extremely stable when the going gets rough & fast.

The easiest way I found to lighten the bike weight wise was for me to drop some weight.... It made a big difference for me on endurance:thumbsup:

- RCD

so from what im reading from that smart suspension place they use the existing valves with their own technology?....interesting. how is it working for you? im kinda stuck because i need suspension that can handle off-road but also hit the occasional mx track. i was thinking of getting the suspension done for mx style riding but adding some subtanks so its somewhat forgiving.

Yeah they do 100% custom work. Frank set mine up for a 50/50 mix of woods and MX. When I got the suspension back, the instructions said to go up 4 clicks from his setting for MX and to keep it the way it is for woods. He revalved the front and rear and had it back to me within a weeks time.

I'm 100% satisfied with Franks work! :bonk:

thanx for the info...i guess ill debate between those 2 suspension places....oh and by the way how much did that smart suspension cost all in all?

I honestly forgot how much I spent, but the price was comparable to Pro Action and all the rest of the suspension hop-up shops. Give Frank a call, he'll give you an exact price. I had some parts that where worn out in the rear shock and I had him do a few other things that cost more than the average revalve.

thanx a lot, i might just give him a call and see how much

There is not a good fix for what you are asking.......the 426s are big and heavy anyway. Most of us older heavier riders.....found a diet for ourselves was the best remedy....otherwise you are faced with spending tons of money on titanium and other ideas that will never let it feel like a 06/07 ....:bonk:

yah of course, a 426 will always be a 426. just looking for advice for some simple things that the average person can do to improve handling.